Why become a member? ×

Aria Pro II GT info needed

fleabag

I've had a right struggle finding any info on my axe, an Aria Pro II GT series GT-3.  I've had a look on some archive sites but the catalogue for this series

seems to be missing.  It maybe a Korean build rather than Japanese, i dont know. No idea of the year.

The switching options are confusing.  All 3 are 2 way.  Knob nearest the neck is Vol, knob towards the rear of the body appears to be a tone, but it's also a push pull.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.348324d970fd79270abee726ebcbe3a4.jpg

3-l1600.thumb.jpg.836c769d3b43e0eff131d2c961c78fd9.jpg

2-l1600.thumb.jpg.9839fe2acb85ceed2c3a40b802a50dde.jpg

That's probably a damn good guess V, but it would be handy to know for sure.

As of right now,  if all switches are up, there's no output

If the rearmost switch is down, the others dont switch on or off pickups, they just change tone slightly.  Dont hear a lot of change when using the push pull

Edited by fleabag

Yeah i saw that. It's been modified.  None of the switches on mine are 3 way

Was it a really sparkly finish on the reverb one ?  There's a YT vid of him explaining what he did.

Edited by fleabag

Ah, okay.

Yes saw that too, but he's changed the pickups to EMG's.  It would seem he's modified the switching as well.

There's no 3 way switches on mine

Edited by fleabag
  • Like 1

The three 2-way switches was reasonably popular in superstrat world in the 80's. There's an 80's BC Rich STIII, which I'm trying to resist, for sale over here with that configuration 😂 They are usually on/off for each pickup. The easiest way to verify is to plug the guitar in with all switches up (off). Turn on the first switch and gently tap each pickup with a screwdriver, see what makes a noise through the amp. Go through each switch in sequence, it'll be fairly clear what each switch is doing. Same with the push/pull, turn on the bridge pickup and tap the front and rear of the pickup with a screwdriver. If it's a coil tap, one side of the pickup will stop sending an output with the knob up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Doctor J said:

The three 2-way switches was reasonably popular in superstrat world in the 80's. There's an 80's BC Rich STIII, which I'm trying to resist, for sale over here with that configuration 😂 They are usually on/off for each pickup. The easiest way to verify is to plug the guitar in with all switches up (off). Turn on the first switch and gently tap each pickup with a screwdriver, see what makes a noise through the amp. Go through each switch in sequence, it'll be fairly clear what each switch is doing. Same with the push/pull, turn on the bridge pickup and tap the front and rear of the pickup with a screwdriver. If it's a coil tap, one side of the pickup will stop sending an output with the knob up.

8 hours ago, bartelby said:

A guy on an Aria group on Facebook with a GT-3 has confirmed the 3 on/off switches and a coil tap on the push/pull pot.

This makes a lot of sense chaps !  Thanks