Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Newport re-issue - £225 - *SOLD*
£250
Manchester

three

Reduced to £225.  

A lovely coral Epiphone Newport re-issue.  Pretty much as new, other than the tort scratch plate.  The new plate has a small scratch and of course, has implied new screw holes above the pickups: that said, it imparts a real Serek vibe.  The bass is currently strung with Fender light nickel rounds (40-95) and the E is a bit dull.  However, I'll include the original strings and a set of nickel rounds that I think are cut down from a long-scale set.

Playability is good and the tonal range is excellent.  The bridge pickup has a solid aggressive growl, and the neck a very old school vintage thump.  I don't have an accurate weight but these are a very light and comfortable bass.

I have the original box and scratch plate.  Shipping within the UK only is at the buyer's cost and risk (about £20 I'd think).  I can double box for shipping if you want to organise a courier.  

Any questions please just ask. 

Edited by three
price drop
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Clarky said:

@FinnDave this might fit the bill for your shortie tryout and three is a tremendous BCer to deal with?

Hahaha, thanks Clarky - that's lovely and it's entirely mutual!  I think what Clarky means is three is bl**dy clown and spends every spare penny on basses and bass ephemera that he doesn't need or have the talent to use properly

• three changed the title to Epiphone Newport re-issue - now £240
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/06/2023 at 14:45, Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati said:

Stupid question mine but I want to ask it the same .. how can the height of each of the bridge saddles be adjusted? Is it possible to do so?

Sorry, I just saw this and not a stupid question at all - indeed, a good one.  It isn't possible to adjust each saddle individually.  Height adjustment for all saddles is effected via the two bolts - one at either end of the bridge.  Quite common with vintage style (especially Gibson-type) basses as far as I can see, though not ideal for some players

14 hours ago, Skezza said:

are you interested in a trade

Thanks, but not really - I’m trying to make space and sell-off gear that I’m not using. I’m also trying to curb a bad habit of buying things I don’t need

• three changed the title to Epiphone Newport re-issue - £225
  • 2 months later...
  • three changed the title to SOLD - Epiphone Newport re-issue - £225