Why become a member? ×

Squier SQ Series Precision Bass 1983-84 - ON HOLD - *SOLD*
£475
Chorley, Lancs., PR6

ead

For sale is my 1983/84 Squier SQ Precision Bass Made in Japan.  The bass is in very good condition and was acquired last year from a fellow BCer.  I records very nicely and it's fair to say that it has not been a case queen!

The SQ series were built alongside the JV models and were the MIJ equivalent of US basses of that era rather than vintage reissues.  Japanese build quality, nice and light with excellent necks.  Usual specs of Alder body, Maple neck and a particularly lovely dark Rosewood fretboard.

This one is all original apart from the strap buttons, control knobs and pickup.  This has a Fender Original  pickup that sounds great paired to a Kiogon loom. I’m afraid that the original electrics are long gone.  The neck has been gently sanded by a previous owner to create a less glossy finish and as a result is brilliant to move around on.  The neck blemishes have been drop filled and can barely be felt under the hand.

It’s a lovely instrument and weighs 4.0kgs by my scales. There are some minor cosmetic dings and marks but nothing structural. It’s a gigging workhorse and great as a main bass or backup.

The bass will come with a Gator case and is currently strung with Thomastik-Infeld Jazz Flatwound JF344 strings.  Any questions please let me know.

Collection or meet up preferred, but postage will be considered (at extra cost obvs.).  Here are some pics.  What can I say, it's a black bass so tricky to photograph.

Edited by ead
  • Like 11

• ead changed the title to Squier SQ Series Precision Bass 1983-84 - SOLD