Why become a member? ×

Bass gear stolen - keep an eye out?

BassInMyFace

Hi folks. Had my van stolen with my NS EUB in the back. Happened yesterday morning in Birmingham. The bass has non-stock black strings (jazzicato) on 4 of 5 strings (EADG). Seeing as it's quite a niche instrument I hope there's a chance it comes up for sale somewhere. if you could keep an eye out I would be super grateful. Bass was in full size flight case. (Also Moog sub 25 stolen with sansamp programmable bass DI). I'm pretty devastated and summer of gigs is fast approaching........

STolen (2).png

• Sad 13

11 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Do you think the thieves were after the van or your gear?

Not sure it matters as the outcome is the same. EUBs are an incredibly niche thing to sell, so if we can amplify this through the community it’s important to do so.

On 14/05/2023 at 21:02, TheGreek said:

Do you think the thieves were after the van or your gear?

think it was the van they wanted. Even though its nothing special, apparently older transits are super easy to nick. I was stupid enough to leave my gear in the van simply because we got home late and couldn't be bothered to unload. That's an expensive penalty for being lazy :(

• Sad 1

On 15/05/2023 at 08:09, Burns-bass said:

Not sure it matters as the outcome is the same. EUBs are an incredibly niche thing to sell, so if we can amplify this through the community it’s important to do so.

Thanks, would really appreciate that. My concern is that they won't even know what it is to try and sell it. Could be mislabelled on a classified and i won't have any chance of seeing it. If you folks here keep it in the back of your mind, maybe we can catch where they try and flog it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BassInMyFace said:

Thanks, would really appreciate that. My concern is that they won't even know what it is to try and sell it. Could be mislabelled on a classified and i won't have any chance of seeing it. If you folks here keep it in the back of your mind, maybe we can catch where they try and flog it.

I check the local classifieds down ere in the West.

On 14/05/2023 at 12:06, BassInMyFace said:

Hi folks. Had my van stolen with my NS EUB in the back. Happened yesterday morning in Birmingham. The bass has non-stock black strings (jazzicato) on 4 of 5 strings (EADG). Seeing as it's quite a niche instrument I hope there's a chance it comes up for sale somewhere. if you could keep an eye out I would be super grateful. Bass was in full size flight case. (Also Moog sub 25 stolen with sansamp programmable bass DI). I'm pretty devastated and summer of gigs is fast approaching........

STolen (2).png

I loath, hate, despise thieves. Parasitic bar-stewards. Very best wishes for a safe return. 🤬

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure you tell all the Cash Converter type places - once they have knowledge of it (Photos / serial numbers etc) if they accept it knowing it is stolen property it's far easier to do something with them.

Easy to say after the event - but get some insurance. It's not expensive. I pay about £130 a year for a stupid amount of gear including theft from cars and venues etc.

1 hour ago, BassInMyFace said:

No sign of anything. Bizarre. I guess it's just say in a lock up gathering dust

That is sooooooo annoying and frustrating. Still, any circulation of your thread here has to keep the troops aware, and hopefully, looking on your behalf. One again, very best of luck. I really do hope you get back your instrument. 🥺

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1