Why become a member? ×

Maruszczyk Elwood Absolution 5a 21 Frets. ** PRICE DROP ** Now £1185 Blueburst Flame Maple. * MINT * Full pearl binding. Ebony with MP blocks. NOW £1185 incl UK Deliv and M gig bag. - *SOLD*
£1275
Suffolk

Quent

Hi everyone. This is For Sale Only, no Trades thanks. Close offers considered.

Here’s my Maruszczyk Elwood Absolution 5a ( a is for Active preamp, Glockenklang 2 Band and passive too.) Haussel single coil pickups.

Maruszczyk gig bag included. 

( Maruszczyk basses are designed in Germany , made in Poland and are well documented as being great value for high end quality of construction and finish.

See  their site public-peace.de   )

All original. It was made in 2014 ( Sn: 140119) , then stocked  at gornymusic.ch in 2015 and I bought it new in Nov 2017 from them in Zurich. A Maruszczyk dealership run by the very helpful Bartek Gorny. This bass is as I bought it new and with my minimal use my price reflects this.No scuffs or swirls ,blemishes, marks, chips or scratches. Battery checked today and still 9.4v.

Only used in my home and with my bass collection that means it’s not been played that much. A great sounding and versatile jazz bass with Haeussel ( often Haussel) pickups and a super clear sounding Glockenklang 2 band pre.

Push pull vol control for active / passive , Blend, Bass and the treble is the passive tone control.

The pickups have no single coil hum issues , even on headphones and my Noise Gate pedal isn’t required for home playing. I don’t record. A really broad pallet of sounds from the EQ and the Tone control ( Treble knob ) range is all useful with no large drop in volume when pulling the Vol from active to passive mode.

Selling to pay towards another bass already bought. After over 5 years of enjoyment (but limited playing time) with this beauty someone else can enjoy it.

This Absolution 5a really is beautiful with the blue flame maple everywhere. What a neck ! ( very comfortable ) and the MOPearl block inlays look like they’re illuminated when they catch the light. Gloss finish all over including neck.

It’s a premium model with Master Luthier Syfon’s signature on the headstock.

A nod to him which I like.

You can see this actual bass on the gornymusic.ch site under the “Sold Instruments Gallery”tab. See the next link below.

Zoom in on the headstock rear tip there and you’ll see the SN:140119 of my bass. Below those bass images in the link is a demo using Delano pickups instead of my haussel but it does have the Glockenklang 2 Band and it’s not far off my bass’s sound. ( They messed up on the Gorny website by the way, so the spec says Delano pickups for my bass instead of the Haussel JB 5s.)

gornymusic.ch  - Sold Instruments gallery - maruszczyk elwood absolution blue burst + video

Below is an Adrian Maruszczyk demo with Haeussel pups and a Delano Sonar pre which sounds less warm/rich than with my Glockenklang 2 band and doesn’t utilise the bass pot much from what I hear. I have Glock preamps on other basses and they bring out the best in pickups. eg Glock 3 band on my Schecter Damien Elite 5 transformed the sound of the EMG HZ passive humbuckers which were poor with an emg B64 pre, really feeble.

Copied some gornymusic photos of my bass and some of my own taken the other day. The shade of blue you see is as close to how the bass looks

as I could get it. ( I had to Edit the colour my ipad camera picked up

Toned it down 🤓. Used the Blues control. etc etc 🙄 )

The body edge is black/ v dark blue. Looks silver on the Gorny site, reflections

I presume.

Other Info.

Comfortable contouring of the body rear.

The pearl binding really is stunning. Fretboard top edge black dot markers too.

Weight :4.8kg , just under, so 10lbs 9oz , fair do’s for a solid Fiver. 

Alder body, flamed maple front and back.

The whole balance of the bass is Superb. Standing with my wide bass strap on , no hands, the neck is about 20 deg up, all ready to play. Consequently it doesn’t feel like a 4.8kg Fiver.

Scale: 34 inch. The B string does it’s job very well. 

Strings: Spacing 18mm at bridge. Same strings as when I got it but the Glockenklang pre has enough to add to keep them sounding alive enough! Brass ends and blue silk tapers , not sure what they are. Best that you change to your own in other words and nowadays I prefer a 125 B string. 130 is on it. Nice chunky string retainer with slots.

Monorail type bridge: Two allen keys included. 

Virtually no relief in the neck and saddles are right down currently for 2mm at 12th BEA and 1.7mm for the DG. 

Nut width ( See Zero fret photo) :45mm Looks like Graphtech but can’t find 

material listed anywhere. 

12th fret 66mm 15th 70mm

21 Frets. No wear.

Lovely smooth Ebony fretboard. Large radius prob 18 inch as it’s their largest option on the Maruszczyk Configurator.

The Glockenklang ( made to M specs) controls feel great, turn smoothly with a nice feel ,sumptuous ?! to the detents too (apart from Vol control as usual).

Very versatile pre which doesn’t cloud the openness of the Haussel pups.

Maruszczyk thick padded gig bag included and I’ll pack well ,surrounding it with large bubble wrap and cardboard end packing. Delivery within UK included and fully insured.

Thanks for looking. Why not make me a sensible offer?

Quent

69C3EF80-8C5F-4814-8C51-F83A22D43D30.jpeg

EE8B9CE7-CCEC-46F0-BFEB-5DA1930ED8E7.jpeg

FB0A2E80-CDB5-43BE-A165-D0CCBEC777A8.jpeg

D760A0F3-5E16-40C4-BBD5-45D86D7C99D9.jpeg

B59F0009-5288-4AB6-BB02-A29C52094046.jpeg

37D258D6-20DE-48B0-99DE-D6FA64979297.jpeg

3B3AD47E-ACEF-4B8C-A7DC-2F414C7E5729.jpeg

5427EEA4-CA25-4167-B3CA-D7DA8C39DA2C.jpeg

6BAB75F0-0716-44AA-A14D-99BC9B993B04.jpeg

EECC4A05-5761-4F34-95C1-EC1FBDA1BCA5.jpeg

D929FFC6-3A48-48A1-A628-15034C7137BB.jpeg

F511FCA4-97B0-4890-B4FC-E16582AF2680.jpeg

5F6A75F1-7154-4C55-80FC-E018B61F15DE.jpeg

1E8A86EE-4DD7-47AE-AAA9-0115B225DC32.jpeg

3AEEA4D2-05CE-4025-A9E3-598151534047.jpeg

1D458645-BAF4-4406-A954-DE4AFEB9B2E0.jpeg

Edited by Quent
Sold
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• Sibob changed the title to Maruszczyk Elwood Absolution 5a 21 Frets. Blueburst Flame Maple. Full pearl binding. Ebony with MP blocks. **MINT** £1275 incl UK Deliv and M gig bag.
  • Sibob unlocked this topic

I’m in Ipswich Mike.

The bass is at The Bass Gallery in Camden currently.

They will post it back to me here if a Basschatter wants

to have it. 

Thanks for the other comments guys.

Cheers 

• Like 1

Ha! You’re always funny!

It’s absolutely gorgeous in the “flesh” and might sound an understated

combo of Haussel pickups with Glockenklang 2 band but they cover everything

any pair of singles can do. Dead quiet too electronically.

• Quent changed the title to Maruszczyk Elwood Absolution 5a 21 Frets. ** PRICE DROP ** Now £1185 Blueburst Flame Maple. * MINT * Full pearl binding. Ebony with MP blocks. NOW £1185 incl UK Deliv and M gig bag.

Thanks for the Bumps guys. Guess what? It plays tunes too !! 

Great Glock 2 band to launch the excellent clear and punchy Haussel 

pickups. I have another Maruszczyk to keep me happy here and need funds to pay

off some other basses so she’s got to go. Lucky to have had her for home play

only for a few years. Cheers.

• Quent changed the title to Maruszczyk Elwood Absolution 5a 21 Frets. **** SOLD **** Blueburst Flame Maple. * MINT * Full pearl binding. Ebony with MP blocks. NOW £1185 incl UK Deliv and M gig bag.