Why become a member? ×

Fender Bassman 135 Now £550 - *SOLD*
£750
Bolton (BL5)

cattytown

This is my Bassman 135. I have had this about seven years and popped new tubes in when I got it, and it hasn't been used much since.
The condition is generally reasonable for an amp of this age.

Channel 2 seems fine, but channel 1 doesn't seem to be quite as expected - tones down and some audio is still through and it doesn't have the weight I would expect. I'm not a tube tech, but with the simplicity of these amps, I'd expect it to not be too major a repair.

You can see a video at https://cattytown.co.uk/BassmanDemo.mp4 - just done with a camera, no special mic.

It's a heavy, fragile beast so I am not going to entertain posting, but I can arrange a reasonable meet, but you may prefer to come here to give it a try for yourself.

Front.JPG

Back.JPG

Caps 1.JPG

Power tubes.JPG

Back panel.JPG

Edited by cattytown
Sold
  • Like 7

My first serious amp was the 100w version of this. As you say, heavy beastie, I would dread having to move one of these now.

That said, fine, fine bits of kit - would be brilliant for somebody after that distinctive vintage rock tone.

GLWTS

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Unbelievable Jeff!  I’d been on the look out for one of these for months, in the end I parted company with the cab that this would’ve sat handsomely atop GLWTS🤦

C7466F58-169C-44C9-86B0-9C3F0B48B44B.jpeg

Edited by Thor
Typo
  • Like 3

• cattytown changed the title to Fender Bassman 135 Now £550
  • 2 months later...
  • cattytown changed the title to Fender Bassman 135 Now £550 SOLD