Why become a member? Ɨ

My pair of Serek basses

Clarky

Recently acquired a long scale Lincoln in 'hot rod red' with J width neck and ebony board to go with my capri orange short scale Midwestern. Pics so you can see it did happen šŸ˜€

Ā 

20230422_111721.jpg

20230422_111746.jpg

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 19

Both fantastic colours! Capri orange with competition stripes has to be one of the coolest looks known to humanity. Reminds me very fondly of a Slazenger tennis racket cover I had in the early ā€˜70s. Cool as

• Haha 1

Yeah super cool. Did you order them direct or second hand? Didnā€™t know if they have a UK dealer. Interesting pickup placement in the new one, Iā€™ll have to check out some sounds on their website šŸ‘šŸ¼

Both were on the Serek website store page. The MW was a collaborative demo with Aguilar to show their newest P style pickup, so it wasn't brand new (although it was in mint condition). They don't have any official dealers in the UK, as far as I am aware, although BassDirect has a Serek section (I've only ever seen them have s/h instruments in stock).

Ā 

The Lincoln has two single coil pickups and a four position selector switch (each pickup solo, parallel or series). Hondo Felder has a good demo videoĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

Basses in the bathroom is a novel approach ...

The bath is in our bedroom @Happy Jack. Besides I am not moving very far - I have a broken left index finger (which doesn't make for easy bass playing) and 17 cracks to my ribcage (yes you read correctly, 17). Courtesy of a bucking bronco horse in icy Lapland

Edited by Clarky
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

Is that a euphemism?

Ā 

No, I rather thought not.

Ā 

Sorry to hear that Clarky, I'll try not to make you laugh.

Ā 

Sneezing is the worst. Don't bring me flowers

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Clarky