Why become a member? ×

Evertune bass

14 hours ago, fretmeister said:

But with this bridge it does not happen. It maintains tension even if you try a hard bend on a string to TRY and bend by a tone (if you set it up that way) it will not change pitch while you bend.

Of course you might not see a need. But think beyond your use. What happens if you are duplicating a piano or synth part and the bass note gets the entirely normal Pitch Arc with the initial attack being a little sharp compared to the other instrument and it annoys you on the recording. That just won’t happen with this bridge.

It shows their advertising as quite poor in that I genuinely didn't know what it was until I read that!

I can see this being very useful with guitars - not a problem with I have on bass, but good on them for trying something. I doubt they would ever be making a 16.5mm spacing 5 string one anyway

• Like 1

As someone who plays quite aggressively with a pick i can see the attraction. The initial attack on the string is always sharp, I usually account for this with tuning but that means any sustained notes will be slightly flat.

From what I've read it sounds like you can set it up almost like a dead zone so only deliberately bent notes affect the pitch. Sure there would be a little learning curve but pretty sure you could set it up to be very subtle.

• Like 2

I like my subtle, and not quite as subtle, vibratos, thank you.

Adds to the organic expression. 

This is stupid and one step closer to make your bass sound like a programed midi bass rather than a real played one.

But I am sure it'll appeal to people who are more perfectionists than is for their own good, or are of the misconception that all music should ideally sound as if a machine was playing it, looking at you modern metal people, I mean what's the point of playing it even then, if you are going to quantize everything anyway why not just program it to start with (applies to modern pop music as well where everything is pitch corrected)?

Should have been named Analtune.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

But I am sure it'll appeal to people who are more perfectionists than is for their own good, or are of the misconception that all music should ideally sound as if a machine was playing it, looking at you modern metal people

And you were so close to getting a like from me, before your inaccurate sweeping generalisation.  I embody modern metal and yet agree with everything you say about this 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

I like my subtle, and not quite as subtle, vibratos, thank you.

Adds to the organic expression. 

This is stupid and one step closer to make your bass sound like a programed midi bass rather than a real played one.

But I am sure it'll appeal to people who are more perfectionists than is for their own good, or are of the misconception that all music should ideally sound as if a machine was playing it, looking at you modern metal people, I mean what's the point of playing it even then, if you are going to quantize everything anyway, why not just program it to start with (applies to modern pop music too where everything is pitch corrected)?

Should have been named Analtune.

I think you inspired this article

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/man-has-amazing-ability-to-know-all-new-music-is-stinky poo-without-listening-to-it-20170221122494

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

I never said that all new music is poo, just that certain general popular tendencies/trends most widespread in certain musical genres is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fretmeister said:

Tangent, but it's neat that that URL still works despite the profanity filter's best efforts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

So it was a slightly narrower sweeping generalisation than you meant?

What I really wanted to say:

9 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

I never said that all new music is poo, just that certain general popular tendencies/trends most widespread in certain musical genres is.

And I think that really should have been obvious for someone less eager to insist on me being wrong.

That might be a narrow generalization, whatever that oxymoron is supposed to mean, but also it happens to be the truth.

• Haha 1

While we're all suspectable to make the odd speling, typo or other inaccuracy - and I understand that for @Baloney Balderdash English may not be the first language - but I find it quite tiresome trying to actually work out what was actually said on posts when they're constantly being edited seconds after they're posted and/or being quoted in responsive posts. 

It would be great if the forum worked in such a way that we could go in and look at the pre-doctored amendments to posts.  

Just saying.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

While we're all suspectable to make the odd speling, typo or other inaccuracy - and I understand that for @Baloney Balderdash English may not be the first language - but I find it quite tiresome trying to actually work out what was actually said on posts when they're constantly being edited seconds after they're posted and/or being quoted in responsive posts. 

It would be great if the forum worked in such a way that we could go in and look at the pre-doctored amendments to posts.  

Just saying.

I don't disagree, and I admit to having a bad habit with posting before I have actually made 100% sure that I actually said what I really wanted to say and how I really wanted to say it.

Me suffering from ADHD, while not really being a valid excuse, does at least to some degree explain this.

The alternative is people keeping to reply and commenting on something I never actually meant/intended filled with grammatical errors.

In this case you kind of got what you ask for though, if you look at the replies following close after, where my original unedited replies have been quoted.

1 hour ago, NancyJohnson said:

Just saying.

Moderator perk, being to be able to see every edit 😉 

We need something to keep us going 😅

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...