Why become a member? ×

onboard distortion in my Epi EB0

Nobody

I was watching LowEndLobster and he installed the Artec QDD2 Quadra Distortion Driver Effects Board(https://www.amazon.com/QDD2-Quadra-Distortion-Driver-Effects) into a Stingray and it gave me an idea to put one in my EBO. It was really very easy. I removed the tone pot completely and put the volume pot where it was and the distortion where the volume was. It's got 5 settings, the first being a true bypass then a clean boost and gradually adding more distortion from there. The fifth setting was WAY too much so I turned the gain pot on the circuit board down almost all the way to make that setting more useable. This made the second setting quieter than the passive setting so it's more of an active volume cut/clean setting now. Then I made a control plate for it(it's not perfect but I think it turned out alright) and got a chicken head knob. Gibson made a EB0F Fuzztone in the 60s that had a built in distortion circuit. This is kind of a modern budget take on that. 

Screenshot (1133).png

• Like 7

Nice

I put an Artec QTP Quad Tone Passive... Bypass and 4 Resistor & Capacitor Combinations... instead of the usual B250K pot and 0.47u Cap... in my Ibby SR Passive P Conversion.

Neat modern take on a tone styler type thang... using Surface Mount components.

Worth a mention is that the Artec Quad's need a 9mm mounting hole, up from the std 7mm of mini pots.

164792933_SR300PE.thumb.jpg.4c6394712b7a6bcf1bed416bd6f27a3d.jpg

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 1