Why become a member? ×

Finally there with my rig

SamIAm

It's taken a while to get my 'perfect' (For now at least) rig together, but finally here it is ... this is my full, self contained bass setup (Well, less the strap! lol).

image.thumb.png.d243dbc33cc53205c02f0e8e35670f34.png

• Ibanez GSRM25
  • BOSS dual Cube Bass LX
  • MOD Dwarf + MVave-Chocolate (MIDI FootSwitch) + SONICAKE Passive Volume Pedal Mini Expression (all of these sitting on a Rockboard DUO 2.0) + Krisdonia Laptop Power Bank
  • BOSS Wl-20L Wireless

I love 5 string but find that my fretting hand hurts when playing anything more than a shortscale, Ibby is a sub-short scale at 28.6in, sounds great and is SO light!

The BOSS is a twin 5in at 10w (Tho it sounds much more) I can fill a small gig space using it, it is able to deliver for smaller outdoor venues and has stereo XLR outputs if I need more oomph. This beauty runs on 8xAA batteries!  Settings can be tweaked or music streamed to it via bluetooth. It also has a USB out for recording and it only weighs 4.4kg!

The MOD Dwarf is a powerhouse multi f/x unit.  Hundreds of plugins including funky stuff like a powerful looper, a plethora of IR capabilities and most recently a neural modelling plugin (As popularised by Neural DSP, with their Quad Cortext) to play/capture hifi gear models. The Dwarf can also host MIDI sequencers and MIDI Synths, a band in a box as required!  The MVave adds four MIDI footswitches and the Soniccake drives the MVave to provide MIDI expression/Volume control of the Dwarf.  The Krisdona keeps the f/x board running for hours.

I love this rig as it it very portable/light, runs for hours without the need of mains power and can produce any sound I desire.

Smitten S'manth x

Edited by Smanth
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Looking neat there S’manth.

I’m interested to know why you chose the Boss Cube over the Roland Micro Cube that you have for sale. 
I don’t use any pedals or outboard effects so my equivalent rig is bass, cable and Roland Micro Cube. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Smanth said:

It's taken a while to get my 'perfect' (For now at least) rig together, but finally here it is ... this is my full, self contained bass setup (Well, less the strap! lol).

image.thumb.png.d243dbc33cc53205c02f0e8e35670f34.png

• Ibanez GSRM25
  • BOSS dual Cube Bass LX
  • MOD Dwarf + MVave-Chocolate (MIDI FootSwitch) + SONICAKE Passive Volume Pedal Mini Expression + Krisdonia Laptop Power Bank
  • BOSS Wl-20L Wireless

I love 5 string but find that my fretting hand hurts when playing anything more than a shortscale, Ibby is a sub-short scale at 28.6in, sounds great and is SO light!

The BOSS is a twin 5in at 10w (Tho it sounds much more) I can fill a small gig space using it, it is able to deliver for smaller outdoor venues and has stereo XLR outputs if I need more oomph. This beauty runs on 8xAA batteries!  Settings can be tweaked or music streamed to it via bluetooth. It also has a USB out for recording and it only weighs 4.4kg!

The MOD Dwarf is a powerhouse multi f/x unit.  Hundreds of plugins including funky stuff like a powerful looper, a plethora of IR capabilities and most recently a neural modelling plugin (As popularised by Neural DSP, with their Quad Cortext) to play/capture hifi gear models. The Dwarf can also host MIDI sequencers and MIDI Synths, a band in a box as required!  The MVave adds four MIDI footswitches and the Soniccake drives the MVave to provide MIDI expression/Volume control of the Dwarf.  The Krisdona keeps the f/x board running for hours.

I love this rig as it it very portable/light, runs for hours without the need of mains power and can produce any sound I desire.

Smitten S'manth x

Regarding the sore hand when playing five string - try raising your strap height, it will provide a better breal-angle on your left wrist. Hope this helps

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Len_derby said:

Looking neat there S’manth.

I’m interested to know why you chose the Boss Cube over the Roland Micro Cube that you have for sale. 
I don’t use any pedals or outboard effects so my equivalent rig is bass, cable and Roland Micro Cube. 

Weight! With a bad back I'm aiming for the lightest rig I can get!  The Dual Cube LX Bass is 4.4kg, the Roland is 6.4kg.

S'manth x

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Smanth said:

Weight! With a bad back I'm aiming for the lightest rig I can get!  The Dual Cube LX Bass is 4.4kg, the Roland is 6.4kg.

S'manth x

Thanks. That’s an important enough reason.

Also, you’ve saved me from wanting to upgrade my Roland to something ‘better’. Phew, cheers pal 😅

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, neepheid said:

What pedalboard are your pedals sitting on?  Apologies if I missed it in your OP.

A Warwick Rockboard DUO 2.0 (Which I got on here at a great price). There is a very tiny bit of overhang (2-3mm) but it is near perfect size and light!

S'manth x

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Elfrasho said:

I've never heard of a mod dwarf! That with the midi footswitches looks a very capable unit!

They are in the HX Stomp space, but most of the hundreds of plugins are open source and its capacity to layout sophisticated pedalboards is driven by an onboard web server.  For example, some pedalboards that can be configured and switched between (using a footswitch) are:

image.thumb.png.589d7a846296754c9e03bdcaaab680fa.png

image.thumb.png.581e33dd23a2162b12e8e00dc5053394.png

image.thumb.png.2a6dbe52e4dac487505954a5242efc44.png

It is amazing!

S'manth x

Edited by Smanth
  • Like 1

On 08/04/2023 at 13:18, Smanth said:

A Warwick Rockboard DUO 2.0 (Which I got on here at a great price). There is a very tiny bit of overhang (2-3mm) but it is near perfect size and light!

S'manth x

I've been looking to get a smaller pedal board as I have virtually nothing on mine.  I'd never seen one of these.  It is THE perfect size for my stuff.  Just ordered one.  Ta!

• Like 1