Why become a member? ×

Tone King

Rayman

A birthday present from the future Mrs Rayman…..

An Ibanez Jet King.

I’ve spent two days on it. It was feeling pretty sorry for itself, however after a new set of Gotoh tuners, oiled board, new top hat knobs, new strings and a setup, it’s a stonker. Surprisingly high output, lovely low action, I absolutely love it. Such a nice fretboard.

Unfortunately, I’m not allowed to touch it now until Tuesday morning (birthday).

DCDBD113-6BB9-410E-A244-4E6A003FD0DB.jpeg

13CFEF7F-29A2-4447-9015-D5283460598F.jpeg

• Like 22

As a fellow JetKing owner (Sunburst in my case), I can agree, they are remarkably good!
Mine is a tad beaten up (pickguards have warped, and the finish has the odd ding), but was a hardworking main, then deputy gigging weapon for many a year.
(Admittedly not played in a while...maybe it needs another run out....just need to get back to gigging.....!)
I swapped the original Top Hats for silver knurls (from my No Name Jazz) after one got lost, the remaining two then went on my Squier Affinity P (in Silver Sparkle), whose Black Knurls are on the Jazz (whose neck volume pot snapped off, so permanently 'on')
Enjoy the new bass!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

Are they mini humbuckers?  I like basses that are a bit different and that is defo on the tasteful side of different.

I thought they were....but, apparently, they are covered single coils (not sure what type, mind......)

3 hours ago, warwickhunt said:

Are they mini humbuckers?  I like basses that are a bit different and that is defo on the tasteful side of different.

I don’t know exactly….. I had them out, because they had an irritating lean to them, which required foam underneath to level them out. Made in ‘07, they not exactly high end quality, but they sound fantastic.