Why become a member? ×

Headphones - a very specific requirement

tauzero

I'd like to be able to practice with a Tascam GB-10 wirelessly. I have no problem with a wireless for the bass (Lekato 5.8GHz bug), but I would also like as near as possible wireless headphones. I don't want anything mains powered, as I'd like it to be fully portable and self-contained, and Bluetooth is out due to latency, so is there such a thing as wireless headphones that have a battery-powered transmitter?

3 minutes ago, tauzero said:

...is there such a thing as wireless headphones that have a battery-powered transmitter?

Isn't that the way wireless IEM's work (and you mean 'battery-powered receiver, I think..?). There's a whole range of IEM's available, from many sources, and at all price points. Wold they do the job..?
If you were to wear the Tascam at your belt, you could plug the bass in, directly, and use ordinary headphones. That would be the least expense, but would have cables to the Tascam and to the headphones, but nothing else; no need for wireless. No good..? B|

2 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Isn't that the way wireless IEM's work (and you mean 'battery-powered receiver, I think..?). There's a whole range of IEM's available, from many sources, and at all price points. Wold they do the job..?
If you were to wear the Tascam at your belt, you could plug the bass in, directly, and use ordinary headphones. That would be the least expense, but would have cables to the Tascam and to the headphones, but nothing else; no need for wireless. No good..? B|

I think you've missed the point of what I want. Battery-powered transmitter is indeed what I meant. Bass -> no wires -> Tascam GB-10 -> no wires -> headphones. The second "no wires" may be preceded by -> battery-powered transmitter. I don't like having headphone wires dangling round me. I could probably cope with battery transmitter -> battery receiver -> headphones as I could coil up the headphones lead and get it out of the way somewhere.

• Thanks 1

I realise this doesn't answer your question but it might be an alternative, or suitable for others. 

I've recently bought a Nux Mighty Plug and it is now my go to practice tool as it's just so convenient. 

Plug it into my bass, short headphone lead plugged into it and I'm completely untethered. You can bluetooth your music source to it and there's an app to set up presets containing amp, cab and effects sims. USB rechargeable and lasts a good amount of time. 

As I said, not the answer to your question but possibly a cheap alternative. 

This it, bass, Nux, headphones. Can't wait for summer garden noodling. 🙂👍

20230324_233203.thumb.jpg.5fb204bf8790cd900b863ccf0f12f61a.jpg

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Maude said:

I realise this doesn't answer your question but it might be an alternative, or suitable for others. 

I've recently bought a Nux Mighty Plug and it is now my go to practice tool as it's just so convenient. 

Plug it into my bass, short headphone lead plugged into it and I'm completely untethered. You can bluetooth your music source to it and there's an app to set up presets containing amp, cab and effects sims. USB rechargeable and lasts a good amount of time. 

As I said, not the answer to your question but possibly a cheap alternative. 

This it, bass, Nux, headphones. Can't wait for summer garden noodling. 🙂👍

20230324_233203.thumb.jpg.5fb204bf8790cd900b863ccf0f12f61a.jpg

Mine arrived on Tuesday and it’s a game changer. Rehearsing for school spring concert - Back to the 70s! Ideally I’d have liked the Boss Waza Air thingy but not at that price. Previously been using a Zoom B4. Good but lots of wires and guitar leads etc. spent more time setting it up than practicing. Keeping it though. 

Lekato wireless thingie arrived a couple of days ago (impressive speed). This is the device in question - so I have bass to GB-10 via wireless Lekato, GB-10 to headphones via wireless Lekato. There seems to be a slight loss of quality compared to just running wired but I could be wrong, and it's certainly good enough quality for practice.

5 hours ago, tauzero said:

Lekato wireless thingie arrived a couple of days ago (impressive speed). This is the device in question - so I have bass to GB-10 via wireless Lekato, GB-10 to headphones via wireless Lekato. There seems to be a slight loss of quality compared to just running wired but I could be wrong, and it's certainly good enough quality for practice.

Free shipping to Russia? Yeah I won't be giving them my business.