Why become a member? ×

SALE OF THE CENTURY!!!

OutToPlayJazz

[b]Thanks for everyone's interest in this thread. All three basses are now sold :)[/b]

Status S2-Classics now withdrawn, unless someone was going to offer me a million quid for the two :rolleyes:

[i][b]For if anyone's looking at this thread for the first time in a confused fashion, I put two of my Status S2's up as a sale feeler, but they've now been removed[/b][/i] :D

Update: [i]Status Groove 5 now sold to a 'lady of distinction'...[/i]

Update #2: Yamaha TRB now sold.

Update #3: OLP now sold.

**SOLD**Yamaha TRB-6 II**SOLD** - Awesome condition for the age. This is a fantastic sounding bass & a great introduction to 6-string playing with it's relatively thin neck combined with 18mm string spacing at the bridge. [b]£500[/b]

**SOLD**Status Groove 5-string in wine red**SOLD** Lovely sounding bass in stunning condition for year. Recently setup with new strings & comes complete with Status branded Hiscox case. [b]£350[/b]

**SOLD**OLP MM22 'HH' Stingray copy**SOLD** - Either you believe Sterling Ball's version that the OLP quality came too much too late, or you'll believe that this bass scared the hell out of Ernie Ball! Whichever way, here's a lovely MM22 for [b]£200.[/b]

Not really looking for trades, but hit me with what you've got. Worst I can do is reply in the negative ;)

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='474408' date='Apr 28 2009, 05:45 PM']There's something very cool about those Groove basses. I've never tried one though - what are the necks like?

Also: Is it active or passive, and what do the knobs do? Ta. :)[/quote]

The groove neck is thin and flat, like a less curved jazz neck. Great to play :rolleyes: The bass is 2-band active, with treble & bass bosst & an active/passive switch.

Man they look beautiful, all of them.
Do you actually play these??
Look like brand spanking from the factory!!!
Whatever you've been drinking, put it down and cancel this thread when you sober up mate,
you can't part with these when i have no spare folding :)
Andy

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='474434' date='Apr 28 2009, 06:06 PM']The groove neck is thin and flat, like a less curved jazz neck. Great to play :) The bass is 2-band active, with treble & bass bosst & an active/passive switch.[/quote]

Thanks for that. Couple more questions if you've got a mo:

Is there any passive tone control with the actives off?

Is the neck satin or gloss?

What's the string spacing at the bridge?

I never knew what the deal was with the pickup - why three coils?

Sorry I have tried Googling but there's little to no info about these basses!

Edited by thisnameistaken

:) Oh my dog.

That streamline [i]really[/i] must be something rich.

Oh and I see what you mean about the S2s............

[size=7] They are amazing!!!![/size]

Anyway..........I know Rich takes care of his Statii, so if want to buy a virtually brand new one for ALOT cheaper then buy one of Riches!

........I need a sit down.......

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='474450' date='Apr 28 2009, 06:19 PM']Thanks for that. Couple more questions if you've got a mo:

Is there any passive tone control with the actives off?

Is the neck satin or gloss?

What's the string spacing at the bridge?

I never knew what the deal was with the pickup - why three coils?

Sorry I have tried Googling but there's little to no info about these basses![/quote]

Not a problem - The Groove specs used to be on the Status "oldsite" but that was finally removed from the web in the last few months. In answer to your questons...

The neck is a subtle gloss - Looks shiny, but feels satin?? Perhaps a mix like Alan at ACG does.

String spacing is standard 18mm at the bridge.

I think the trimax pickup was designed with a dummy, hum-cancelling coil in the middle, the same as the new graphite-necked T-bass. Don't quote me on this, as I'm sure there are other people more clued up on the Groove bass than I am. Merton, for instance :)

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='soopercrip' post='474435' date='Apr 28 2009, 06:06 PM']Man they look beautiful, all of them.
Do you actually play these??
Look like brand spanking from the factory!!!
Whatever you've been drinking, put it down and cancel this thread when you sober up mate,
you can't part with these when i have no spare folding :)
Andy[/quote]

Hi Andy, yes they do get played a lot. I'm a professional player myself. I just take care of them. That & the Status finishes are built to last. I recently sold a 20 year old Status SII which still looked pretty well new.

[quote]Blimey...You ok Rich?[/quote]

[quote]OTPJ you need a sit down! this is like me parting with my Spitfire![/quote]

[quote]Rich, that S2 is absolutely beautiful - are you really sure you want to part with that!!![/quote]

Well I am overrun with basses at the moment, but as I said at the top of the thread, the S2's are mainly in feeler-ville at the moment, but who knows?!

That's quite a crop there Rich!!! Good luck with it all..

Just thought i'd chip in where the Groove is concerned and say that, having had one myself, I can vouch for the fact that they are fantastic quality basses for the money..

Your comments on the pick-up are spot on by the way.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='474652' date='Apr 28 2009, 10:45 PM']Okay, so as I was saying earlier, the Status S2-Classics are just a feeler and that being said, I'm coming to my senses & withdrawing them. Pictures will disappear in a few moments...[/quote]

Admit it, you were just toying with us weren't you?!?!

Mwoohahahaha!

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='474652' date='Apr 28 2009, 10:45 PM']Okay, so as I was saying earlier, the Status S2-Classics are just a feeler and that being said, I'm coming to my senses & withdrawing them. Pictures will disappear in a few moments...[/quote]

Good call, for what it's worth. Having had my S2 for a few weeks the aim surely has to be to get more, not less... :)

Ahh common sense prevails!
Cant sell a 'Mona Lisa' just coz the gable end needs pointing :)

MB1. :)
....Blimey!....I dont log in for the day!....and all Hell Breaks Loose! :rolleyes:
........"Ladies of Distinction"?......Walliams and Lucas off Little Britain, Bought a bass off ya?...."Oh Yes, We're Ladies!"... :D