Why become a member? ×

CD Duplication & Sleeve Printing?

Skybone

On 15/03/2023 at 15:25, PaulWarning said:

that certainly used to be the case, but less and less people even have a CD player these days, in my (very limited) experience, there has been a marked decline in people buying CD's after a gig in the last couple of years.

The band were discussing online this morning about writing some new original material, I pointed out (me being the misery guts of the band) that were unlikely to recoup the cost of recording and production because of poor CD sales, everybody went very quiet

We've noticed the opposite, certainly with Hurtsfall who only have one CD single (one track) available at the moment, where people want to buy an album after we have played. Whether that is on CD or something else I don't know. Ideally I would like to do an album as a limited edition vinyl run with a download code. That way we have an artefact that looks great but no-one actually has to rely on the vinyl for the music.

7 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

We've noticed the opposite, certainly with Hurtsfall who only have one CD single (one track) available at the moment, where people want to buy an album after we have played. Whether that is on CD or something else I don't know. Ideally I would like to do an album as a limited edition vinyl run with a download code. That way we have an artefact that looks great but no-one actually has to rely on the vinyl for the music.

But again, do you think that this is down to the genre and it's fans, who I'd guess are probably more into owning music on physical media?

I’m probably something of an anomaly (well, more like definitely, both my parents were fairly odd) in that I’ve not been asked for download codes when I’ve sold vinyl and CDs at gigs, ever. When physical copies of albums and singles have sold on Bandcamp then buyers receive WAVs of the items at point of purchase but that’s as close as I’ve got. I’d love to do some with previously unreleased stuff and give them away with T-shirts or something.

• Thanks 1

On 13/03/2023 at 08:56, PaulWarning said:

we obtained some download codes via Bandcamp, you get about 100 free(might be more can't remember), NOBODY asked for one with the CD's we sold.

38 minutes ago, meterman said:

I’m probably something of an anomaly (well, more like definitely, both my parents were fairly odd) in that I’ve not been asked for download codes when I’ve sold vinyl and CDs at gigs, ever. When physical copies of albums and singles have sold on Bandcamp then buyers receive WAVs of the items at point of purchase but that’s as close as I’ve got. I’d love to do some with previously unreleased stuff and give them away with T-shirts or something.

if you're an anomaly , I'm at too 😂

• Haha 1