Why become a member? ×

Mr Unmentionable dreams about this build quality

On 12/03/2023 at 23:45, yorks5stringer said:

An ambitious price for a homebuild but I'm sure the tweed hardcase for an extra £70 is worth it ( he even overcharges for this)!

the build quality makes it quite obvious this person knows what they are doing. Do you not place any value on this persons time and the materials used?

I would happily pay that much for such an instrument.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/03/2023 at 14:03, TheGreek said:

I had to put up with them in the furniture factory. I can do I can do I can do. But they cant!

That multi laminate set neck with a multi laminate scarf joint is an abomination

Poplar is famous for moving hence it gets used in non critical internal frames.

Buy at your peril

2 hours ago, Ralf1e said:

You compare professionals to a I can do silly billy in his shed?

10 minutes ago, martthebass said:

Nope, you made a comment about poplar, I illustrated it was a common tone wood irrespective of its reversible expansion characteristics. 

2 hours ago, martthebass said:

EBMM seemed to get away with it ok on 1000s of Stingrays.....

You did not mention it as a common tonewood what you said was as above which is as I said EBMM seemed to get away with it (professionals as opposed to silly billy in his shed)

You can defend silly billy all you like but he doesn't compare to professional builders of timber products.

1 minute ago, Ralf1e said:

You did not mention it as a common tonewood what you said was as above which is as I said EBMM seemed to get away with it (professionals as opposed to silly billy in his shed)

You can defend silly billy all you like but he doesn't compare to professional builders of timber products.

Ok R, life’s far too short to argue semantics especially when Vera is about to air on that wonderful Witness channel on Sky.