Why become a member? ×

New (couple of) basses day.

TheGreek

I had a few days where a couple of basses came up which I couldn't say "no" to. 

Both play really good...hard to say which I prefer,  so for now I'll be keeping them both. 

Squier Dimension and G&L L2500 

20230216_113044.jpg

20230216_113050.jpg

20230216_113108.jpg

20230216_113115.jpg

20230216_113306.jpg

20230216_113436.jpg

20230216_113337.jpg

20230216_113331.jpg

20230216_113324.jpg

20230216_113441.jpg

20230216_113451.jpg

Edited by TheGreek
  • Like 15

I do go through a fair few basses,  some I don't gel with and sell on, others I keep for some time,  sell and regret and there's the eternal search for that unachievable tone monster.

Do I have one to rule them all?? Currently I'm loving my Yamaha TRB 1005 which I traded for my 5iiF and I'm missing. 

Ask me next week you may get a different answer...

• Like 1

I've got some really nice high end Fender deluxe and Elite basses, plus a Stingray,  but frankly the most versatile bass I have is my G&L L2500 Tribute. It cost me £350 secondhand and it does everything my other basses can do and more. If I thought about it logically, I really should sell all my other basses and go on a nice holiday with the money.

I'm in a bit of a "predicament".

I have 5 five string basses in my rack - three Yamahas (BBG5S, TRB1005, BB605), the Dimension and the G&L - plus a couple tucked away.  All very good basses but they do step on each others toes tonally - they do overlap. Realistically I don't need them all (should that matter?) but which could go?

First thoughts - the Squier Dimension could - single pick up - most of the others cover the tonal palette - but it's such a good bass. Nice neck, well balanced, great tones and would embarrass a lot of the Musicman range. The G&L and TRB both punch well above their price point so would be silly to move either on and the BBG5s and BB605 are so similar in many ways - do I need them both? Possibly not but, again, it would be silly to part with either as they're such good basses and cost not a lot

Should also take into consideration I'm not gigging/ in a band currently - I can only play one at a time, even on rotation. No room to store them under my bed (too many 4s under there). 

What should I do?? (BTW anybody who says sell them and keep one will be sent to bed early without any Tea!!)

First world problems, eh??

5 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

I'm in a bit of a "predicament".

I have 5 five string basses in my rack - three Yamahas (BBG5S, TRB1005, BB605), the Dimension and the G&L - plus a couple tucked away.  All very good basses but they do step on each others toes tonally - they do overlap. Realistically I don't need them all (should that matter?) but which could go?

First thoughts - the Squier Dimension could - single pick up - most of the others cover the tonal palette - but it's such a good bass. Nice neck, well balanced, great tones and would embarrass a lot of the Musicman range. The G&L and TRB both punch well above their price point so would be silly to move either on and the BBG5s and BB605 are so similar in many ways - do I need them both? Possibly not but, again, it would be silly to part with either as they're such good basses and cost not a lot

Should also take into consideration I'm not gigging/ in a band currently - I can only play one at a time, even on rotation. No room to store them under my bed (too many 4s under there). 

What should I do?? (BTW anybody who says sell them and keep one will be sent to bed early without any Tea!!)

First world problems, eh??

All basses overlap to some degree, ergo I fail to see what the problem is lest I decide that I have the same "predicament" :)