Why become a member? ×

TRADED. Trace Elliot GP12 SMX 4001 Hybrid head. £250. FS / FT W.H.Y? Jazz body? - *SOLD*
£250
Blackburn

itsmedunc

Been on hold for a while as I noticed a bit of an odd crackle (not much but annoying). All sorted now though. Turns out there was nothing wrong with it 😂 After reorganising my home studio equipment, the noise has gone. It never happened at rehearsals either, only in my home studio.

Fabulous and famous Trace Elliot bone crushing silly loud 280w head. Hybrid valve - solid state. All in great shape in a carpeted sleeve. This can be removed and the amp can be racked (you'd need the rack ears though. I had it racked using a rack shelf) All works as it should. Only up for sale as I need a lightweight spare. This is far too good to be kept as a spare too.

Px or trade for a light weight bass head. MB, Elf, Gnome etc. Try me with anything music related. You never know.

Collection much preferred from BB22SH or a courier can be arranged by the buyer at their own cost and risk. It will be well packaged though.

Edited by itsmedunc
  • Like 19

• itsmedunc changed the title to Trace Elliot GP12 SMX 4001 Hybrid head. £250. FS / FT
  • itsmedunc changed the title to Trace Elliot GP12 SMX 4001 Hybrid head. £250. FS / FT W.H.Y?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • itsmedunc changed the title to Trace Elliot GP12 SMX 4001 Hybrid head. £250. FS / FT W.H.Y? Jazz body?
9 hours ago, itsmedunc said:

As loud as it’s weight too!

Yes - heavyweight in all senses... I'm sure it's just nostalgia and imagination but in my mind Trace Elliot amps used to have a kind of solidity to the sound, a physical weight and impact to each note, that I don't often hear now.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JoeEvans said:

Yes - heavyweight in all senses... I'm sure it's just nostalgia and imagination but in my mind Trace Elliot amps used to have a kind of solidity to the sound, a physical weight and impact to each note, that I don't often hear now.

I totally agree! A take a step backwards type of thing. I saw The Good The Bad and The Queen and (although I strongly suspect Ampeg) Simonons bass had the same feel. The bass sound at that gig was truly remarkable. 

• Like 1

• itsmedunc changed the title to Sold. Trace Elliot GP12 SMX 4001 Hybrid head. £250. FS / FT W.H.Y? Jazz body?