Why become a member? ×

Mesa 800+ to two 4ohm cabs

Spewy

Guys , I’ve just had a senior moment.

I’m running 2 410 4ohm cabs. One from each of the SpeakOn outputs from the amp. Thinking they were separate circuits I’ve had the ohm switch at 4ohm. However, having just read the manual it states these are in parallel and if I’ve got this right I should be switched to 2ohm?

Is this correct, and if so , how I haven’t blown anything is beyond me🤦‍♂️

Edited by Spewy

On 12/02/2023 at 02:57, Spewy said:

Guys , I’ve just had a senior moment.

I’m running 2 410 ohm cabs. One from each of the SpeakOn outputs from the amp. Thinking they were separate circuits I’ve had the ohm switch at 4ohm. However, having just read the manual it states these are in parallel and if I’ve got this right I should be switched to 2ohm?

Is this correct, and if so , how I haven’t blown anything is beyond me🤦‍♂️

Correct, set the amp to 2 ohm mode (NOT 4/8 ohm mode). This is covered in detail in the owner’s manual.

This is why we put so much effort into the protection circuits.

[edit for bad typo]

Edited by agedhorse
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, agedhorse said:

Correct, set the amp to 4 ohm mode. This is covered in detail in the owner’s manual.

Either you're having a senior moment also or I have no idea what's going on. Surely it's 2 ohm mode switch time with 2 times 4 ohm cabs = 2 ohm worth of cabs?!?

12 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

I took it the 800+ in the thread title indicated D800+, aware that it has the switching for 2 ohm operation, and it's the only one with 800+ in the name.

I thought it was Mesa 800, plus to two 4 ohm cabs, and the 'to' was a typo

16 hours ago, agedhorse said:

Correct, set the amp to 4 ohm mode. This is covered in detail in the owner’s manual.

Just to clarify, This is a 800+ Amp, it states in the manual that the outputs from the amp are in parallel. 

I am running a single 4ohm cab from each output. Two cabs in total.

Are you saying the switch should be set to 4ohm?

Sorry to be thick , but that seems to contradict itself. However I really appreciate your help🤣👍

9 minutes ago, Spewy said:

Just to clarify, This is a 800+ Amp, it states in the manual that the outputs from the amp are in parallel. 

Sorry to be thick , but that seems to contradict itself. However I really appreciate your help🤣👍

Hi mate

2 x 4 ohms cabs would be 2 ohm load, switch it to 2 ohm

image.png.4e557d27f9aeb1511b9e7c2a19c3a15b.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

Either you're having a senior moment also or I have no idea what's going on. Surely it's 2 ohm mode switch time with 2 times 4 ohm cabs = 2 ohm worth of cabs?!?

1 hour ago, fleabag said:

I thought it was Mesa 800, plus to two 4 ohm cabs, and the 'to' was a typo

14 minutes ago, Spewy said:

Sorry guys, that was a horrible typo. It should have been 2 ohm mode not 4 ohm. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fretmeister said:

@agedhorse

You awake yet? Or are you hungover from watching the colonial junior rugby? ;) 

I never understood why they called it Football when the oval 'ball' seems to be carried most of the time! the US has the National Football League NFL and here in Canada we have the Canadian Football League CFL.

Edit: At school I was required to play Rugby. I hated the game! Grammar schools seemed to play Rugby whilst lesser schools played football. I always wondered

about that! :( I knew that if the ball ever came to me it was prudent to get rid of the thing before I was crushed by burly guys on the other team! 

The 'Beautiful Game' is called Soccer. At the moment the ladies teams are being badly treated by the league and haven't even been paid yet for the 2022 season. Disgusting!!

Edited by BassmanPaul
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1