Why become a member? ×

Music Man Sterling StingRay £250 + £25 postage - *SOLD*
£250
Lanark Scotland

Angelus

Music Man Sterling StingRay in cream. 4 string with single humbucker. Bought new from Guitar Guitar just over a year ago and still has the cellophane on the pick guard. I can’t find any marks on it, been hanging on the wall in the house and played very, very little. Loved it so much, I bought another and now need to move one on. Pickup in Lanark, additional £25 posted in the original box it came in from Guitar Guitar ( so will be obvious what’s delivered if someone else in the house is there ). 

F326A8C8-0CD4-4732-B3CB-5F0444A5E467.jpeg

89BB4DB3-C04A-49EE-8398-ED9F015A2274.jpeg

96BC8C0B-848F-4561-BAAE-B144F3D59DF4.jpeg

E34028AC-8C51-47AF-B8F4-2A4AAEC23DF8.jpeg

B8A4F72D-7A1D-469C-AF2D-6F010ACC4233.jpeg

7736FD3A-F8AA-4D1C-800F-756C320112D9.jpeg

Edited by Angelus
SOLD
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

I really like the look of this but I have yet to find a Ray that I've gelled with - that includes the Sterling 2HH that I bought just before Xmas.

GLWTS

I actually got a blue burst 2HH at the tail end of last year, which is why I’m selling this one. I wish I could keep both, but…….. trying hard to reverse my GAS. 🤣

On 25/01/2023 at 22:07, TheGreek said:

At this price I would have expected this to have flown....I'm sure this would suit so many players - would make a great back up for regular Ray players.

No pleasing some people.

I’ve had plenty of great value items from here, including from yourself, so just trying to make sure I’m helping others in the community too. 👍

On 02/02/2023 at 12:30, PhilAllGaps1 said:

I bought one of these and my Son defretted it, he's a trained luthier. It is a fantastic fretless. EB don't bring fretless Stingray's into the UK, only by special order which is ££££££s.

Sad story, I might have tried this but my luthier passed away suddenly last weekend. Wee Tam set up all my basses during lockdown and we had a few ongoing plans for various basses. Anyway, he did make me laugh and we’ll always have the time he lost his teeth trying something new. 

Edited by Angelus
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/02/2023 at 12:30, PhilAllGaps1 said:

I bought one of these and my Son defretted it, he's a trained luthier. It is a fantastic fretless. EB don't bring fretless Stingray's into the UK, only by special order which is ££££££s.

Is he available for this years SE Bash usually at Jubilee High School, Surrey, School Lane, Addlestone, Surrey KT15 1TE.

Date yet to be booked but I'm sure Colin ( @Hamster) will be booking the venue in the not too distant..

• Like 1

• Angelus changed the title to Music Man Sterling StingRay £250 + £25 postage
15 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

That looks interesting Lee. GLWTS

I've only ever tries the original MM Stingray basses when they first appeared and couldn't take to the necks. I like my slim J basses.

Dave

You can have my twin humbucker to try for a wee while if you want? I liked it, coming from my Geddy Lee main gigging bass, but not made a full transition yet. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Angelus said:

You can have my twin humbucker to try for a wee while if you want? I liked it, coming from my Geddy Lee main gigging bass, but not made a full transition yet. 

I've got a decent range of basses in here Lee. I have the Overwater J4 twin humbucker which is OK but not really a tone i would use in my bands. Its nice to play tho.

Dave 

• Like 1

I like the look of this, but I'm a bit clueless when it comes to the various incarnations of Stingrays... 🤔

Does this model sound like a "real" 'Ray? Does it have the characteristic chunky neck? 💜

It seems to offer phenomenal value for money, but is there a catch? 

Edited by Conan

1 hour ago, Conan said:

I like the look of this, but I'm a bit clueless when it comes to the various incarnations of Stingrays... 🤔

Does this model sound like a "real" 'Ray? Does it have the characteristic chunky neck? 💜

They sound pretty close. Ceramic pickup instead of the classic AlNiCo ones. This model has a 1.5” nut instead of the 1.625” too if I recall correctly. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Conan said:

I’m not an expert, bought this one on a whim and liked it so much I bought another. But I wouldn’t describe it as a chunky neck  though? It’s nearer my Jazz dimensions than my precision’s dimensions ( I think anyway ). Not got enough experience to tell if the sound compares to the “real” one or not, sorry. 

• Thanks 1

• Angelus changed the title to Music Man Sterling StingRay £250 + £25 postage *SOLD*