Why become a member? ×

Replacement bridge required - 2021 Squier CV50's P

T Cee

Hi all,

I was lucky enough to have picked up a nearly new Squier CV50s P second hand recently, and it seems I need to replace some bridge parts.  It has the standard 'threaded rod' barrel bridge.  As fas as I can tell, the Allparts 'Vintage Style' should be a straight swap, but can't confirm if that's the case  - I wondered if anyone else has attempted this repair?  Alternatively, maybe I should look at other options?  However, I'm not currently keen to fit a high mass or anything.  

Thanks in advance, good people of BC!

These bridges (humorously referred to as BBOT - bent bit of tin) are all going to be interchangeable - Allparts would be on a hiding to nothing making something that wouldn't fit.

If you want to stick with this style of bridge, it would honestly be worthwhile putting a request for one in the wanted section; there's loads here that have swapped these out for different ones and have their old bridges sitting unloved in their parts boxes.  Hell, if I have a spare one, I'd send it to you just to be shot of it!

• Like 2

Thanks guys, really appreciate the support here.

A couple of the grub screws have seized in the barrels and chewed up.  I was careful, but I can only suspect this damage was already there - the action was stupidly high when I picked it up, but I put it down to not being set up right.  I may have discovered why now!  Never mind, you pays your money, etc.

I had a look for replacement indentical saddles online, but I couldn't find any with grub screws.  I was unsure whether other bridge saddles would fit the existing bridge plate, hence sticking with same as.  Given what you guys have said though, I shall see what I can pick up!  I don't mod my basses much, hence being a bit unsure about it all.

Once again, really appreciate the help.

• Like 1