Why become a member? ×

Bass in Case on stand

gapiro

Hi All
I, somewhat recently, got a new bag for my double bass  (https://www.thomann.de/gb/gewa_bs_25_double_bass_bag_3_4.htm) and its amazing - its even survived a clumsy trumpet player falling on it with no damage

However at home, I can't fit the bass in the stand I have with the case on- its a homemade wooden box that allows a base to sit vertically 
Do any of the stands around let you store a bass in a quite well padded bag easily? (eg the hercules one, or the G4m one) 

I have cats at home and they attack the bows and quiver etc so don't really want it out of the case when I can (for some reason they don't attack the case....)

19 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

I'm in huntingdon/peterborough kinda area - I have seen those stands online just wondering if they're big enough to take the base in case 

Yup, unless it's a 4/4 or has an unusually deep body for some reason.

If you were closer, then I'd happily flog you mine at a big discount (after testing, natch). 

Maybe find another Basschatter up East Anglia way who has one and will let you try it?