Why become a member? ×

Groove Slots... What... Why?

PaulThePlug

I've looked at the ad and I've watched some of the video and I still haven't a fooooken clue what the purpose of that is. It's not even a solution for a problem which doesn't exist. It's just... pointless.

It reminds me of what the goon I bought my old Streamer from had done. If you know what a Ken Smith brass but is shaped like, each fret had been sculpted a bit like that - a raised bit under the string, shaped to cup the string like a nut slot, and filed almost level to the fretboard between the strings. I still don't understand why someone would do that.

I am getting one, I totally see the purpose.  It will improve my technique by forcing me to never look again at the fretboard whilst playing. Absolute bargain for raising my playing ability.   I must crack on now and book an opticians appointment, my vision seems not quite right after looking at those fretboard images.

Edited by 3below

5 hours ago, Doctor J said:

I've looked at the ad and I've watched some of the video and I still haven't a fooooken clue what the purpose of that is. It's not even a solution for a problem which doesn't exist. It's just... pointless.

I think the idea is that you hammer on a note, pull the string across into the groove slot, and pull off, all as rapidly as possible, so that it makes a brief note sort of sound, like a dink, then a sort of clack at a slightly different pitch then a donk at the final pitch. So if your playing consists entirely of dink-clack-donk then this is the invention for you.