Why become a member? ×

2005 Jazz USA on Gumtree £370

Ralf1e

2 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I saw that this morning, changed pickups and pickguard but definitely a bargain 

I don't have experience of real Fenders to be able to tell but I thought it might be of interest on here. Do you think it's real? Might be someone who doesn't know what they have.

5 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Looking again, all the US jazzes I’ve had have had the truss rod adjust at the heel 

Ooo err

I just looked up the serial number on Fender sn finder site

Search Results

Serial #Model #DescriptionDate

Z52200720111400300HWY1 J BASS RW 3TS03/2006

Edited by Ralf1e
Addition

5 minutes ago, Ralf1e said:

What fell of the back of a lorry?

Or something else?

No, fender did a highway one jazz around 2005 which I think had the truss adjust at the headstock 

but I don’t know if they did a anniversary model 

Edited by Reggaebass

32 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Yeah,  I had a black one and foolishly sold it , thinking back it did adjust at the headstock 

I've messaged the seller anyway. If it's real and it seems so I can't see it being there for long.

Looks like the real thing. The badge on the headstock was applied to every Fender bass made in 2006 to celebrate their 60th anniversary. The price is the same as they were new back then. From what I remember there were less colour options than American standards and the stock pickups were downgraded.

1 minute ago, T-Bay said:

It looks nice in the pic, have you tried googling the serial number? If it is dodgy then you might find you get a load of hits. Got to be worth a close look at that price though.

I'll give that Google a try. Thanks for that

2 minutes ago, Ralf1e said:

I'll give that Google a try. Thanks for that

4 minutes ago, T-Bay said:

It looks nice in the pic, have you tried googling the serial number? If it is dodgy then you might find you get a load of hits. Got to be worth a close look at that price though.

Only thing on Google against that number is a comment on here today

• Like 1

Just now, Ralf1e said:

Only thing on Google against that number is a comment on here today

That is reassuring, I was offered one a while ago and when I googled the serial number I got loads of hits on forums along the lines of ‘just bought this, is it genuine?’ So I guess they just copy one transfer and stick it on a load. 

Fingers crossed, you could be onto a bargain!

It is now at my home. As I half expected it has a problem being the electrics are dead. He had no idea what he had. I suspect the hidden battery for the EMG circuit is dead. Maybe a cheap jack socket was put it when that was done. It will be dealt with but not tonight. I just cooked beer battered fish and chips which goes well with real ale so they say. My lovely wife is dishing them u as we speak 😉

• Like 7