Why become a member? ×

Hondo Alien, modded. £120 - *SOLD*
£120
South Benfleet, Essex

Paul S

Hondo Alien.  Kind of a Kramer Duke copy.  30" short scale, headless, aluminium neck.  Guaranteed to play mind games with how it sits.  Takes single ball end strings - your balls are clamped at the headstock (ooh matron etc) and the strings wound around tuners at the back end via a Schaller-a-like bridge.  Stock it was very nasally and brittle.  I had an Entiwistle PBXN fitted towards the neck which, together with flats, tames it and warms it up nicely.  Comes with it's own original fitted hardcase.

weighs 7.2lbs/3.25kg

42mm at the nut

19mm spacing at the bridge.

Priced to sell at £120 collected from South Benfleet in Essex, pickup only or perhaps meet half way.

IMG_20221210_124009.jpg

IMG_20221210_123759.jpg

IMG_20221210_123806.jpg

IMG_20221210_123913.jpg

IMG_20221210_123930.jpg

Edited by Paul S
  • Like 10

7 minutes ago, 6feet7 said:

I love these. Wondering whether I can convert it to a 5 string with that 42mm nut?

I was pondering the same, I figured it would have a 10mm string gap at the zero fret and just over 14mm at the saddle ... a tad narrow for me.

S'manth x

Edited by Smanth
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 6feet7 said:

I love these. Wondering whether I can convert it to a 5 string with that 42mm nut?

You'd need to be a fairly capable woodworker to fit in a 5th tuning peg - Paul didn't post a picture of the back, but the tuners sit in a deep recess which would need to be enlarged, they're fairly closely packed together as it is.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pete.young said:

You'd need to be a fairly capable woodworker to fit in a 5th tuning peg - Paul didn't post a picture of the back, but the tuners sit in a deep recess which would need to be enlarged, they're fairly closely packed together as it is.

I’ve seen these before, and the tuner routing etc would be easy. It’s just a shame it isn’t a couple of mm wider at the nut end. 

• Like 1

Hi!  Send me a personal message - if you hover over my picture on the left a window will pop up and you'll see the link to message there.

Collection only, don't forget!  I could have sold it three times if I was posting it.

This is still available :) 

Collection from Benfleet in Essex, which is between Basildon and Southend, a few mins south of the A13.  I don't want to use a courier at the moment and have priced it to take a collection journey into account.

I am in Ipswich tomorrow for a gig if that helps anyone.

Bridge pickup works but output is weaker than the neck, 3-way selector switch does either or both :)

Pic shows arrangement of tuners.  Space looks a bit tight for a 5th one to me but doable with a complete reshuffle.  But then you'd have to change the bridge and everything else.

IMG_20221214_084030.jpg

Edited by Paul S
  • Like 1

• Paul S changed the title to SOLD Hondo Alien, modded. £120