Why become a member? ×

Headphones

Gary Bloomfield

9 hours ago, mario_buoninfante said:

I would go for something higher than 32R, but <= 250R. This way you can deal both with consumer and pro equipment.
Low impedance HP don't sound great with pro stuff, and tend to be super loud too.

I used to always go buy this rule of thumb. But recently bought some Audeze that are stupidly low impedance oh 18ohm. Sound amazing with everything I’ve used from pro to consumer. Go figure?! 

Edited by Brucegill
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brucegill said:

I used to always go buy this rule of thumb. But recently bought some Audeze that are stupidly low impedance (12-16 or something). Sound amazing with everything I’ve used from pro to consumer. Go figure?! 

Ehehehe.
Yeah, there are always exceptions, that's absolutely true!
Tbh, just recently I decided to take a break from my Sennheiser HD-25 75R (that I have been using pretty much every day of my life, at home, studio and work for 15y) and started using some KRK KNS 8400, that only after the fact I realised were 36R (way lower than what I would have thought).

I have to say the sound good both with my phone and mixer.
BTW I still love my Sennheiser, but I wanted to have another reference, and it turns out that the KRK are really good because they tend to emphasise a little bit the mid-range, and (as long as one's aware of it) that is a useful thing when working in studio ;)

Edited by mario_buoninfante
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Has anyone found a decent clear sounding wireless headphone for transcribing basslines 

I have the Marshall monitor II headphones, they come with an app with a decent EQ that could be useful.

As always, wireless is too laggy to play music with but transcribing may be just perfect.

• Thanks 1

On 12/01/2023 at 14:35, Bolo said:

I have the Marshall monitor II headphones, they come with an app with a decent EQ that could be useful.

As always, wireless is too laggy to play music with but transcribing may be just perfect.

Wireless isn't laggy per se, it's Bluetooth wireless that's laggy. My Sennheiser wirelesses (HDR 120 II) are fine in terms of lag but there's built-in compression which I find a bit over-enthusiastic.

• Like 1