Why become a member? ×

Not Wilko, surely?

Steve Browning

14 minutes ago, Beedster said:

BBC News today described how Wilko, who'd played with the Feelgoods since 1972, enjoyed a four-decade career. I not normally angered by poor maths but today i was. Five decades of honest, take it or leave it, straight ahead gigging. Well done Wilko, hope you and Lee are enjoying a glass or two and a bit of reminiscing this evening 🍻

Lee may be keeping Wilko and Gypie Mayo apart.

• Haha 1

I missed this sad news yesterday. I must have been too wrapped up in the World cup....

This is such sad news. I saw him live a few times. He appeared at Cambridge Folk Festival several years back, and I can recall the sheer joy he just "exuded" after the Surgeons there had saved his life from the huge tumour he had. As others have said, at least it gave us a bit more time with him. RIP Wilko :( 

Just copped this in the Times, I too saw the band in Aberdeen, with Wilko, without him again Aberdeen, Aberdeen again with next guy and Leicester where I got castigated for calling the last iteration (6 years ago) a tribute band as there were no original members! A phenomenal guitarist with a style that was never perfected by Anyone else. Saw him with Normal Watt Roy as well, somewhere, Aberdeen’s Lemon Tree, brilliant. R.I.P