Why become a member? ×

American Standard Jazz, 5 string 2008 - *SOLD*
£950
Bristol

BassBod

SOLD
A lovely bass, comes complete with original "TSA" square case, all tools and tags. Passive electronics with the usual VVT set up. A very versatile modern take on the classic Jazz bass format, with a nice big and even sounding B string. Currently strung thru body, but bridge thru is also an option.  

I think the colour was officially called Candy Cola, it's a metallic red just a shade darker than most. The scratchplate has mellowed slightly to a creamy version of white.  No significant fret wear, and generally in excellent condition, with only one or two marks to the body.  The worst on the lower back of the body is pictured below.

Collection and try out strongly preferred - between Bath and Bristol just off M4 J18

Please ask any questions - I'll have a go at weighing the bass later, but I'd describe it as typical for a 5 string Jazz!  Not unreasonable, but its solid....

IMG_0759.thumb.jpeg.f969fff3882fe97dab482f09caf454e3.jpegIMG_0758.thumb.jpeg.de616a1324e811f3d94d1ad56a83c870.jpegIMG_0757.thumb.jpeg.dd7ca7824226599b341df26cecbed138.jpeg 

Edited by BassBod
Correct location
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, chris_b said:

Please do.

On my basic luggage scales it weighs in at 9lbs straight.  Not the most accurate, but it certainly feels about right.  The broader neck and headstock give it a bigger feel than a regular 4 string..but it’s very manageable. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, FDC484950 said:

What strings does it have? Not so easy to find tapered B and E sets nowadays.

No idea, they were on it already, and may even be the original Fender strings.  The bass hasn’t had much use at all. The general feel of the strings and grey silk remind me of a set of Galli’s. 

• BassBod changed the title to SOLD American Standard Jazz, 5 string 2008