Why become a member? ×

Thomann Experience?

JosephMartyn

Thomann is awesome. Great customer service, shipping with UPS (never a hassle), good prices... Love it. I've bought my JMJ Mustang as a B-stock from them and it worked like a charm. I asked them how I can notice the fact it's B-stock and they said "it might have scratch here or there". The JMJ is a Road Worn bass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've bought two 6 string guitars from them both Harley Benton. Both were B stock and both needed a light set up including dress fret ends. Both were amazingly well made. A semi acoustic 335 copy made in Vietnam is astounding.

Also bought strings and stuff and  HB little valve head for guitar. No shipping issues other than I got hit with a totally incorrect as in high import duty bill from one of the courier companies they used which wasn't their fault. Problem there is you can't get any real answers from the courier companies.

• Like 1

I've bought a few things from Thomann. Some time ago, a deko HB 5-string fretless acoustic bass which was perfect, and more recently a B-stock HB headless guitar and a B-stock MOD Dwarf, both of which were perfect and immaculate (as far as I could see).

• Like 2

It arrived safely!

Overall I think I had a good experience! Delivery, tracking and packaging all seemed good.

The Sire Miller M7 bass was nicely set up. Good action, 5th, 7th and 12th harmonics positioned nicely above the frets.

The frets do feel a bit raised and sharp edges...but nothing major. To be honest I've never bought a brand new bass before so maybe that's normal?!

There is a fret buzz from the 1st fret on the G string but probably an easy fix.

I've not had the chance to plug in properly yet so I still need to explore the electronics.

Wish me luck! :)

Joseph M. 501

https://www.instagram.com/joseph.martyn.501/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JosephMartyn said:

The frets do feel a bit raised and sharp edges...but nothing major.

Probably 'fret sprout'. Not a sign of poor workmanship, shoddy QC nor Thomann not giving a hoot, it's down to climate. 

No idea where in the world you are but if the weather is cold and dry then the wood has contracted leaving the fret ends exposed.

When the weather gets warmer and more humid the wood expands again, if you trim those fret ends now you'll never experience the issue again.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

Probably 'fret sprout'. Not a sign of poor workmanship, shoddy QC nor Thomann not giving a hoot, it's down to climate. 

No idea where in the world you are but if the weather is cold and dry then the wood has contracted leaving the fret ends exposed.

When the weather gets warmer and more humid the wood expands again, if you trim those fret ends now you'll never experience the issue again.

Great knowledge!!! Thankyou!!

I'm in the UK and temperatures have dropped recently (scraped the ice off the car this morning!)

• 2 weeks later...

Thomann are great, their customer service first class.

The only issue I had wasn't really their fault. I had pre ordered a bass, but stock didnt arrive as they had been promised. It dragged on for a few months and in the end I found one elsewhere so cancelled the order. My Amex Centurion black card (platinum is for peasants) was refunded in full within an hour of me cancelling. Really can't fault them.

• Like 1