Why become a member? ×

Galien Krueger MB500 problem.

grayn

I've owned and used this MB500 for around 3 years.  It's been great until recently.  When I switch it on, it starts off very loud, far too loud for the settings.  Then after approx 5 mins it settles down to normal.

It stays OK unless I re-plug my bass back in, when the problem re-occurs.  I have tried changing the speaker cable but no change.

Any ideas what the problem may be?

Cheers.

I had my MB200 develop the pink ring of doom, I looked around at other similar amps and decided there was a reason I loved that little MB200. I got the MB to a qualified repair guy , and it runs like a charm again.

My problem turned out to be the fan , and when it didn’t work the power module burned out. Still , the repair was much cheaper than buying a new amp.

And once again it’s a reliable little workhorse. 

I got my amp back, yesterday morning.  The local tech had cleaned up the pots.  Took it to a gig last night and it performed excellently.

Tiny amount of cash and it's all OK.  Great stuff.

The band had a rehearsal the day before (Friday) and I used my GK Backline 600, which had been doing nothing for a couple of years and it worked just fine.

Nice to have a backup.

Cheers for everyone's advice.😀

• Like 2