Why become a member? ×

Need help

feds

Hi all,iv never played bass before I'm actually a drummer but want to learn bass,so I bought a starter kit but then thought I'll get my daughter one to learn with me,so picked a cheap one up but she didn't like the colour lool so I stripped it,repainted it and put it back together the same way I took it apart, now when iv put strings back on iv noticed that there are close to the 1st fret but very high at last fret,I put the same packers back in the neck and that,I also had to put a new nut on it because it was missing but I made it fit to the gap that was there,please help,what have a done wrong lol

Entry level basses often have very thick finishes. It could be possible that after stripping the finish the bridge sits a little lower now. In that case you'll need to raise the saddles a little bit: 

aid1485719-v4-728px-Adjust-Action-on-a-B

https://www.wikihow.com/Adjust-Action-on-a-Bass#:~:text=Adjust the Action,-{"smallUrl"%3A&text=Select the proper tool for,adjusters will lower the action. 

EDIT: Nevermind. I missed the bit about mounting a new nut. It's probably that. 

Edited by LeftyJ