Why become a member? ×

*Sold* Yamaha BB1500A Wine Burst Bass

BB2000

Only issue with this one is that one of the strap buttons has been moved by a previous owner, leaving an unfilled screwhole.

These are superb basses - they were highly acclaimed when introduced, won numerous awards, and then Yamaha stopped production (go figure). They were Yamaha's only jazz style bass at the time and sold at a retail of about £800 in the UK (Yamaha's replacement jazz - only avaliable in Asia as far as I know retails for about the same). The nut width is about the same as a Fender B neck. PUPs are humbucking. Electronics are volume/pan/bass(cut/boost)/treble(cut/boost) and a 3 way mid selector which can be set using an internal potentiometer to give boost or cut. Really nice basses (as well as this one I have another pair owned from new). In my opinion these are better basses than any of the Skyline Lakland jazz offerings (yes, I've owned these as well). Any Q's give a shout.

Just noticed on the photo's that there looks like there is a big scratch next to the battery compartment - that is just a reflection from the camera.

EDIT - forgot to list the price - looking for £215

Edited by BB2000

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='49390' date='Aug 23 2007, 10:53 AM']Erm, price? :)[/quote]

Yes, a reasonable question given that this is the for sale section. What a lovely looking bass though, not your usual Yamaha, in fact it's pretty much a jazz/flea hybrid to look at (almost like my old Modulus Sonic Hammer jumped an unwary boutique Jazz Bass backstage one night). I'd get that fugly gold bridge off it and replace it with something less poncy, but were it not for the fact that I'm once again up to my neck in basses (how did that happen?), I'd love to give that a go, especially as I hear so much good stuff about Yamahas.
Good luck with the sale
Chris

Edited by Beedster

Looking for £215 of your English pounds ...

It'll pretty much give you any sound a Fender jazz will give you (bearing in mind it has a pan control rather than V/V/T). The PUPs are stacked Alnico's and sound fairly similar to the original Fender noisless PUPs. I've had TI flats on my other one for years (this one has some unknown rounds) and they (TI's) are a great match with the bass. The bass/preamp is very organic sounding and allows good control of the bass and mids. It's very easy to get a good blues/motown/jazz tone. Do a search for reviews on the bass, there's plenty out there and I've yet to see a bad one.

[quote name='BB2000' post='49855' date='Aug 23 2007, 11:00 PM']Looking for £215 of your English pounds ...

It'll pretty much give you any sound a Fender jazz will give you (bearing in mind it has a pan control rather than V/V/T). The PUPs are stacked Alnico's and sound fairly similar to the original Fender noisless PUPs. I've had TI flats on my other one for years (this one has some unknown rounds) and they (TI's) are a great match with the bass. The bass/preamp is very organic sounding and allows good control of the bass and mids. It's very easy to get a good blues/motown/jazz tone. Do a search for reviews on the bass, there's plenty out there and I've yet to see a bad one.[/quote]

Noooooooooooooooo, that is way way way too cheap. You were supposed to say £500 so I could justify not buying it. Gonna hold fire until I'm sober :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='49884' date='Aug 24 2007, 12:19 AM']Noooooooooooooooo, that is way way way too cheap. You were supposed to say £500 so I could justify not buying it. Gonna hold fire until I'm sober :)[/quote]

OK - £500 to Beedster.

I got this one at a good price so am selling it for what I have invested in it - it would be nice if it went to someone buying their first decent bass.

[quote name='Scoop' post='49887' date='Aug 24 2007, 12:33 AM']There's no mention in the description so gotta ask - is there a gigbag or case with this?[/quote]

Yes, I'll throw in a gigbag or a case.

[quote name='Scoop' post='49887' date='Aug 24 2007, 12:33 AM']lovely looking bass and I'm pretty damned keen despite having promised myself that 11 basses was enough... it is enough, isn't it?[/quote]

That depends on how many arms you have :)

I've about a dozen at the moment. Occasionally I think I've too many, but then I think of Jimmy Page (1500+ guitars) and that puts my little assortment into context ...

[quote name='BB2000' post='49912' date='Aug 24 2007, 06:27 AM']OK - £500 to Beedster.

it would be nice if it went to someone buying their first decent bass.[/quote]

Now sober and I support the above sentiment wholeheartedly :)

[quote name='BB2000' post='52816' date='Aug 30 2007, 03:02 PM']£215 including shipping .... today only![/quote]

How can this still be here, it's stunning and it's a BARGAIN. I reckon it would go for well over £300 if it were on the bay. Someone buy it or I'll have to.
Chris