Why become a member? ×

NBD - F-bass BN5 'relic'

Gnermo

Picked up a reasonably used F-bass today, the previous owner played in a lot of bands and used the bass extensively...

Plays and sounds like a dream still, even with the pickup covers completely worn down :)

The previous owner sent me a picture of what it used to look like in 2006, crazy how it was completely green all the way through.

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

8759944B-B0B0-4777-8D2D-827F29279865.jpg

Edited by Gnermo
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, mjscholten said:

Hey man, do you still have this bass? I am confident that there is a chance I actually played this bass when it was from the previous owner during an audition! If you ever consider selling it, please hit me up, I would be very interested!

If you want to talk about it privately you can do so at my instagram: https://instagram.com/melle_scholten?igshid=ZDdkNTZiNTM=

It would mean a lot to me!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/04/2023 at 20:55, mjscholten said:

Hey man, do you still have this bass? I am confident that there is a chance I actually played this bass when it was from the previous owner during an audition! If you ever consider selling it, please hit me up, I would be very interested!

I've returned it to the original owner, the neck was beyond repair.
Shame, because it is one of the best basses i've ever played.

Edited by Gnermo

1 hour ago, Chris2112 said:

It looked as though it had been well used. Enough, I'd say, that the original owner would be justified in going back to F Bass to buy another if he were going to get the same use from one again. 

What had gone wrong with the neck? Had it twisted over time? 

The truss rod had been tightened too much and was digging a hole in the wood, almost to the point of coming out the other side.
Something to do with the truss rod channel only reaching up to the third fret, and not all the way up iirc.

Edited by Gnermo
  • Like 1