Why become a member? ×

Hello - Bass newbie

RavHale

Hi all, I'm new to bass, I've been playing 6 string (started classical to acoustic) for over 20 years, and recently, our band needed a bass player so I jumped onto bass about a year ago, and wished I'd done it sooner, I bloody love it! so thought it would be good to mingle with like minded people, who can maybe share tips, exercises, fun bass lines to play and so i can develop my knowledge further.

I currently ( not entirely clued up on spec) have a Hooker customs (custom) bass which I LOVE and an semi-acoustic Harley Benton. My Hooker is smooth and dirty at the same time, I love her , I have a real eclectic taste in music, from EVERY genre of rock, preferably anything pre-2000s but I'm not discriminative to any style of rock and metal. I also love blues of any styles and folk, for me have more of a progressive bass line so more fun to play,  I basically love music especially now, the ones that have a good bassline! so would love to be able to develop my bass skills as an all rounder, and just enjoy it! 

I like to chose songs in the band that are fun to play, (although singing and playing at the same time can be a challenge lol) but would love to be able to disucss all things bass and music with other like minded people. 

IMG_20220822_082057_835.jpg

Edited by RavHale

• 2 weeks later...