Why become a member? ×

They will rip you of

Ralf1e

43 minutes ago, Rich said:

Why are they so inconsistent with the H & L phobia? If they're going to have erbs and soddering, they should have Nasvie, A$s Vegas and Phiadepia too.

Not to mention the PH phobia. Why sulfur but not fosforus?

2 hours ago, Rich said:

I used to have a German colleague, the first time I told him I was going shopping at Lidl (which I pronounced 'Liddle') he said "what's that?". I explained and he said "ah, you mean Leedle".

True story, the first time I went into a Lidl it was years ago in Germany and that's where I first heard the name spoken out loud, so I've always pronounced it 'Leedle'.

I was down the dentists' recently and mentioned Lidl and the lady dentist said 'Lidl?' I haven't heard of them... ah, you mean Liddle?'

'Sorry,' I said. 'I wasn't being a ponce, it's just that for one reason and another I've always pronounced it the German way'.

'German?' says she. 'I thought they were Swedish' and stuck a drill in my mouth.

• Haha 9

2 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I hope she'd numbed the area beforehand with a nidl?

Indeed she had numbed the area.

What I actually said was: 'Orry, uh ozzen't een uh once, ick uss ack orr unn eason uhn uh-other uh all-ays uh-ounced ick uh Erman ay'.

I suppose it might have been funnier if I'd related my response verbatim but after mature consideration I opted for clarity over cheap humour.

Won't be doing that again.

• Haha 7

I think probably we're done here?! The original poster hasn't been back since the start, and the thread has been reduced to non-bass related (non-sensical?) chat, so will close.

Any issues, drop me a PM.

Cheers
Si

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

• Sibob locked this topic