Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM 300 EVO IV and ABM 115H EVO IV PRO NEO

dpaulb

I used to extensively gig an EvoII ABM300-115 combo back in the day - had more than enough volume even in a very loud 5 piece heavy rock band.  Actually arguably the best sounding amp I ever used - had something about it.

That said I think Ashdown were very conservative on their 300w back then!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dpaulb said:

Would the ABM 300 EVO IV and one ABM 115H EVO IV PRO NEO be enough volume for pop and classic rock?

Depends.

How loud is the drummer? How about the guitarist(s)?

Is this for stage monitoring only (i.e. bass will also go through the PA) or do you need the bass rig to fill the venue?

I will preface this with the fact that I haven't played through either the ABM 300 nor the ABM 115 PRO NEO. However, I have played with a band that were absolute animals, with a 250W/115 combo, and it was fine. Is the ABM cabinet really that insensitive?

53 minutes ago, Merton said:

Depends.

Is this for stage monitoring only (i.e. bass will also go through the PA) or do you need the bass rig to fill the venue?

This. 

I gigged for years with a 120W amp into a single 4 Ohm 115, and I've also sucessfully gigged a 250W amp (175W into 8 Ohm) through a single 8 Ohm 210.

All depends on the venue, your expectations, and how much volume you need (rather than want! Most pub bands, for example, play far too loud IMO) 

• Like 1

In one of my bands it would be fine (2 gtrs, bass, drums) in the other (1 gtr, keys, bass, drums) I doubt it would stand a chance (given my ABM600 hooked up to an Ampeg 810 has to work hard).

As is often all down to the drummers, in the second band we only play to the volume of the drums but that’s a lot of loud.

With a loud drummer and no pa support, a single 115 pro neo ain`t gonna cut it no matter what amp you use. I used a single one with a variety of heads and on it`s own it just doesn`t have the "heft" :ph34r:

It needs to be paired with something else, preferably another 115. I must admit, I wasn`t impressed with the cab but that is only my opinion. 

I now use a Ashdown 4 x 10 and Mag 400 head and that is loud!

Edited by jezzaboy

• 1 month later...
On 18/08/2022 at 03:21, Merton said:

Depends.

I am in-between bands. I prefer to mic instead of D.I.