Why become a member? ×

Everson basses

Eversonguitars

Hi bubinga5

Glad you like them, the Tordoff bass was really interesting to make, you don't see many basses in Koa, and it's a shame because it is a lovely wood.

Interesting sound too, I was expecting a fairly traditional Jazz bass tone, but the chambered mahogany body seems to have given it a real woodyness on top of that usual mid range growl.

Great looking basses there, although a little too unusually shaped for my conservative tastes!

I find it interesting that Basses often seen to cross over into almost being a piece of sculpture or artwork, but guitars rarely do in the same way (there are exceptions obviously).

[quote name='BigRedX' post='466075' date='Apr 18 2009, 01:02 PM']Some nice looking basses there. Can you give us some idea of the prices?[/quote]

+1, would be interested in what kind of prices these will go for. I'm guessing that the site is still under construction as some of the links don't seem to work for me?

Hi there, yes the site is a work in progress and not all the links are working yet.

As far as prices go the top end fancy custom basses are anywhere from £1000 to £1800, the Nouveau Walnut 4 is £1400 but I'm taking offers.

The basses I'm currently making ( pics soon ) I'm calling my "simple" bass - they consists of a single wood body, maple neck with flat fender style headstock ( though still 2 aside tuners ), maple or rosewood boards and either passive J pickups or a single active humbucker and active circuit. Wooden scratchplates, jack plates and cavity covers and completely hand made..hoping to sell these from £750 depending on the spec.

Here are some shots of one of the new basses in progress

Cherry body, all maple neck, rosewood trim inlaid on the headstock ( will have matching rosewood scratchplate, back plate and jack surround )
Using Rio Grande Jazz pickups ( only ever used their guitar pickups before but they are excellent so have high expectations! )

This isn't a commission, building it for this years trade shows and magazine reviews so if you are interesting in owning it drop me a line

all the best

Paul