Why become a member? ×

Specifications, measurements, plots and all that

dannybuoy

[quote name='Musky' post='631216' date='Oct 20 2009, 11:30 AM']Good grief, I had to do a double take there! The weights with your new composite ply are ridiculously low. :)[/quote]

The compact now weighs the same as [url="http://www.pbase.com/fabriceroux/alpaga"]this cat[/url].

S.P.

Thanks for posting those up Alex- very informative indeed. I recently sold my Shuttle 6.0 (to Rich, who's hopefully just taken delivery today!) and upgraded to a G-K 1001RB-II, and it really does sound great with my Compact from initial impressions at rehearsal. I think I'm going to put my plans for a second Compact on the shelf, as I really don't think it'll be necessary! According to your newly-published specs, the Compact will easily take the full 460W@8ohms output of the G-K, laugh, and then kick sand in its face... :) This pairing is so potent, I doubt if I'll ever find that out on a real-world gig! What's your opinion on G-K amps BTW Alex- have you heard one with your cabs yet?

EDIT: +1 on the weight savings- that's a hell of an improvement on an already impressively light range of cabs! :rolleyes:

Edited by Etienne

[quote name='alexclaber' post='631225' date='Oct 20 2009, 11:39 AM']You do realise that I've gone metric don't you? :lol: Kilos not pounds and all that...

Alex[/quote]

:rolleyes: Yeah, I spotted that. I still think under 20lbs for a cab with a 12" driver that handles 450w rms is ridiculously low. :)

[quote name='machinehead' post='631840' date='Oct 20 2009, 09:39 PM']Even my earlier Compact weighs only 31 lbs as opposed to the published 32 lbs. I weighed mine on a set of reasonably accurate fishing scales.

Frank.[/quote]

How much did those scales put the Big One that got away at?

• 1 month later...

[quote name='crez5150' post='688721' date='Dec 18 2009, 08:55 PM']Great, easy to read chart.... Any reason why there are not speaker configurations for each cab Alex?[/quote]

It hadn't even dawned on me that I hadn't put them on there - which just goes to show how little notice I take of what speaker configuration a cab uses to get the end result! :)

Alex