Why become a member? ×

Reduced - Fender Jazz Bass Deluxe MIM 2016 Active/Passive. Ash/Maple. - *SOLD*
£675
Gloucestershire

MungoBass

Price drop to £645.

I’m reluctantly putting this up for sale after another recent Jazz purchase.

You don’t often see these earlier Ash / Maple / Black block versions, most Maple boards seem to be with a Sunburst body with Black dots and no binding.  The bass is in excellent overall condition with one very minor blemish as shown on the upper side near the horn and four tiny indents on the face of the upper horn.  The pickguard does have pick marks and swirls but could of course easily be replaced if required.  The strings are roundwounds and whilst I really like their well used dullness, others may want more zing!  The action is pretty low and the frets are also in great shape.  

Controls are volume / pickup pan / stacked bass & treble / mini-switch for active passive mode and finally, mid for the two noiseless Jazz pickups.

The fingerboard radius is a modern 12 inches and the heavy duty bridge is a great improvement over the typical BBOT!

I would prefer a straight sale otherwise the wife will pull my bits off......again!

Shipping can be arranged if required but pick up in person is most welcome.

69C4F22B-D281-406C-AD16-CBB59FAE7331.jpeg

5A77AEE3-43F3-42C0-B364-EAE6C3F1181F.jpeg

08C23CBF-9DA2-46B3-91E5-C4D10E4EAB66.jpeg

35D1BD14-08FA-448A-A41C-96CA31C1E5AC.jpeg

818E1E4B-137C-4922-A403-3CB9C113AB41.jpeg

D1531C36-8D69-483E-BD4E-03E4DFF6AB1D.jpeg

36B388E5-E108-4425-9ED6-C111C0691DEB.jpeg

5A4F58D5-17F3-4FA9-8ADE-BC618C65BE1A.jpeg

Edited by MungoBass
Sold
  • Like 10

• MungoBass changed the title to Fender Jazz Bass Deluxe MIM 2016 Active/Passive. Ash/Maple.
On 26/07/2022 at 14:52, horrorshowbass said:

baragin, the perfect jazz bass is an active one

GLWTS

I feel It is a lot of bass for the money and the wide range of tones available is impressive too!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/08/2022 at 23:01, Gianni "Orlandez" Orlati said:

How much noiseless the pickups system is?

There is no single coil hum.  The active system can add real depth or biting treble to the tone if required.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, songofthewind said:

What does this bad boy weigh?

He weighs a comfortable 4.15 kgs or just over 9 and a bit pounds.  

When I first picked him up I was pleasantly surprised, as I was expecting the Ash body to weigh in heavier.

• Like 1

On 17/08/2022 at 15:48, ern500evo said:

That is a fantastic looking bass! 

Thank you.  It is also a fantastic sounding and playing bass!  The action is pretty low which makes it so easy to play.  I think a set of black strings would make it look even more fantastic!

21 minutes ago, MungoBass said:

Thank you.  It is also a fantastic sounding and playing bass!  The action is pretty low which makes it so easy to play.  I think a set of black strings would make it look even more fantastic!

I love an active jazz bass. Been using my Sire V7 quite a bit lately. I’m a sucker for a maple necked Fender, if I wasn’t in the process of sorting a new amp out, I’d be all over this 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ern500evo said:

I love an active jazz bass. Been using my Sire V7 quite a bit lately. I’m a sucker for a maple necked Fender, if I wasn’t in the process of sorting a new amp out, I’d be all over this 

You can sort a new amp at anytime.......😁

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • MungoBass changed the title to Price drop - Fender Jazz Bass Deluxe MIM 2016 Active/Passive. Ash/Maple.
  • MungoBass changed the title to Reduced - Fender Jazz Bass Deluxe MIM 2016 Active/Passive. Ash/Maple.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • MungoBass changed the title to Sold - Fender Jazz Bass Deluxe MIM 2016 Active/Passive. Ash/Maple.