Why become a member? ×

NBD - Custom Overwater J5 (Trans Red)

bassmansam

My 2nd Overwater J5 Contemporary. 

I went for something different this time as oppose to standard j pups. Reverse P and Soapbar combo with a John East Uni Pre, Birdseye maple fretboard, 35 scale. 

FB_IMG_1657731763112.thumb.jpg.3812e656fb47a09036d797448f53689a.jpg

I've only played through headphones so far but will be taking for a test run at tomorrow's gig. 

I wasn't sure about the colour but wanted something a bit more vibrant than my black/grey burst. 

Edited by bassmansam
  • Like 13

2 hours ago, Lw. said:

Is that their wood selection in the background?

Looks like it, I could spend hours in there and the smell is just divine to any amateur (or for that matter professional) wood butcher 😎

2 hours ago, CookPassBabtridge said:

Now you've had it for a week and she's settled in how's it sounding? Seriously tempted to get something similar, did I mention already that I love the look of this spec? 😜

Yes very nice. The Uni Pre is very cool and versatile with the mid sweep. Really like the reverse P + Soapbar combo. Reminds be of a PJ but with extra punch. 

The sets ups on the overwaters are incredible. I've never picked up a bass that's been remotely close. As soon as my first Overwater arrived I had my Warwick SSII up on marketplace the day after 😅

Very cool indeed. Another spooky coincidence is that I also used to have a Streamer (S1 though) and decided to move it on. I think I just need to accept my fate and order an Overwater 😬

1 hour ago, bassmansam said:

Yes very nice. The Uni Pre is very cool and versatile with the mid sweep. Really like the reverse P + Soapbar combo. Reminds be of a PJ but with extra punch. 

The sets ups on the overwaters are incredible. I've never picked up a bass that's been remotely close. As soon as my first Overwater arrived I had my Warwick SSII up on marketplace the day after 😅

3 hours ago, CookPassBabtridge said:

Very cool indeed. Another spooky coincidence is that I also used to have a Streamer (S1 though) and decided to move it on. I think I just need to accept my fate and order an Overwater 😬

You won't be disappointed. I'd never played one but took a punt... Certainly paid off.