Why become a member? ×

Heavy bass? What's that? -> comfortable straps!

mcnach

Well apart from ordering the wrong model from the OP, it's arrived and it's great!

I ordered the "bass" strap which appears to be neoprene rather than the memory foam in the OP.  

My usual straps are wide Leathergraft straps and compared to those, the extra padding is noticeable and makes a bit of a difference.  I was concerned that the neoprene would be a bit bouncy but it's not at all.

If you are using a two inch cheese-cutter strap, this will be a revelation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I use one of the wide padded Levys straps, they're the best I've found for me.

I've got one of the Comfort Strapps. I didn't like the stretch of the neoprene. It didn't bounce as such, but I didn't like that the strap could stretch when playing. I wasn't overly impressed with the button holes and leather ends either, mine deteriorated quite quickly. 

Got back yesterday to find a very soggy amazon package by the front door.

Lekato strap seems well made  andceven comes with a selection of plectrums and four black(!) Grolsch style strap washers.

Edit.. and a a very comfy strap it is too.

Edited by Stub Mandrel
  • Like 1

I have a DSL 3" strap.  It's well made, the colour works well for me, and is comfortable enough to use with my bass. The so called "padding" however is a joke. It would have been sent back for a refund had I bought it new at nearly £40. Good job I only paid about £5 for it. 

I also have one of those Planet Waves shoulder pad things which is not bad but slips around on the strap too much so always having to adjust it.

The best strap I have owned has to be the Gibson Fat Boy, a real heavy duty monster of a strap built to take the weight of a Les Paul. In fact it weighed nearly as much! Sadly not made anymore but I have seen them pop up on eBay every so often.  

• 7 months later...