Why become a member? ×

Lyric help

fleabag

This is a track that i have most of the lyrics for, and since they're not available on the net, i contacted Terry Wilson Slesser, the vocalist, but the message has disappeared.  I must have deleted it by mistake.

I have recalled 99.99% of them but there's just one ( or is it two squished together ?  ) word/words at 1:19 at the start of the 2nd verse. Its the word or words just before the lyric

" Mum and Dad "  

Can anyone figure it out ?  I've been though a fair few guesses but none seems right.

1 minute ago, fleabag said:

I cant tell TBH, but that doesnt exactly make sense.  I thought it began with an ST like you, but the second syllable seems to have the letter L in there.

I'm none the wiser

Yes, I got the sound of an 'L' too.

I can almost hear a vowel sound at the beginning, like there's three syllables but the first is very quiet.

Estatlin' is the nearest approximation I can get.....not that that really helps :)

Cheers WOT

Sounds good, and the R seems to be almost silent

But i distinctly hear the letter L in the 2nd syllable

Unless my ears are playing tricks.  So, we have ........' Respectin ' not added yet

V1.jpg.91351232860fdbe66ddb0d3a75a6f794.jpg

v2.jpg.59182967350dceae1cdad740c8e7e3d9.jpg

v3.jpg.fecaf4048eb859d7bed143d9cbaa6810.jpg

Hah

I'm talking out of my bottom.  When you know the word is " Respectin"  , you dont hear that letter L anymore in the 2nd syllable.

Magic :)

What a great track. That bass line.   Still have the album, bought  late 70's,  and up there with my other top discettes

Edited by fleabag