Why become a member? ×

NAD - Joyo Bantamp

stewblack

Ever wished you could practice at home with the kind of sound you might expect from an SVT but at a volume level calculated not to destroy the furniture nor incense the landlady?

This little chap, in its Trace Elliot style livery, is physically tiny, but sounds, at neighbour friendly levels, absolutely amazing.

50 watts is plenty for home use, I'm pairing it with a single 10" 8ohm speaker, but I'd be interested to hear it slaved up through a power amp at a gig.

I stole, sorry, bought this, at an extremely good second hand price, and apart from one outing for a YouTube review, it's as it was when it left the shop.

16470259282231248682859409730257.thumb.jpg.62b50a031e7f0f9dc027a26370a76f9b.jpg

It comes with a foot switch for the compression which I shan't use, compression being, for me, an always on effect. And has built in Bluetooth which is not just great for practicing but for amplification of YouTube videos, audiobooks, playlists etc as well.

Highly recommended.

• Like 9

Well I certainly didn't expect this.

IMG_20220313_152734.thumb.jpg.88cbe1955bcb92b6087a45a907635d45.jpg

Took this silly little thing to rehearsal just to push it a bit, intending to switch to the proper amp once we got going.

Ended up using it. Into an 8ohm cab I guess it's 25-30 watts 🤷‍♂️

It sounded absolutely superb. And kept up with the 5 piece band. I am utterly amazed.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Entirely silent and yes it can be used without a speaker. The Bluetooth connectivity makes it a very good option for this.

Many thanks for confirming.  A Thomann order might be going in......

3 hours ago, MungoBass said:

Many thanks for confirming.  A Thomann order might be going in......

I took it to a band practise once just to see how it might keep up, didn't plan on using it for the whole rehearsal, but in the end I did! It was loud, and had a great sound. If they did a 250 - 300 watt version of this I'd be very interested.

Clever to use green for the bass version. It's effectively a twin channel valve pre amp with a free 50 watt power amp for the price of a pre amp only pedal. 

As my 500 watt heads aren't that much bigger and I don't own a tiny cab to create another micro SVT I doubt I'll ever buy one (unless I can "steal" one too of course!). My Ampeg Micro VR with SVT210AV does a brilliant low to low-medium volume SVT rig impression. 

Edited by Sparky Mark
  • Like 1

On 04/06/2022 at 10:34, Pea Turgh said:

I fancy something small and daft for my small and daft micro cab (currently under construction!)

I'd say this teensy weensy itsy bitsy green non polka dot ampini would be perfect for you

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

i've looked at the guitar versions of these for a while, this bass one is very interesting, i'm thinking that it would be excellent through my Barefaced Midgets (both of them in order to get the full 50W) 

hmm off for some price investigations i think.

Matt

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Matt P said:

i've looked at the guitar versions of these for a while, this bass one is very interesting, i'm thinking that it would be excellent through my Barefaced Midgets (both of them in order to get the full 50W) 

hmm off for some price investigations i think.

Matt

I got mine second hand for the price of a pedal. It's soo worth the money. I put it through a single Barefaced and did a full band rehearsal with it.