Why become a member? ×

On Hold - Musicman Stingray Special Dropped Copper 4H
£1800
Northampton / London / Can post / Drive

Ander87

£1,700 

Fantastic, bloody amazing bass - 'If it's so good, why are you selling it, pleb?' you may ask - 'Cause I'm onto a search of a bass that I foolishly let go of before'.

I'm onto a Stingray Special 5, ideally Cruz Teal, and may need the moneys ready - until that appears, I'm in no rush to sell, but this would be the only one of my two basses to go.

If you've a SR5 Special or know folk selling theirs, talk to me.

10/10, not a single blemish, case and candy, 3.75kg, 45-105 fresh NYXL's. Including black, white and also white pearl scratch plates.

Colour is metallic with flakey bits in the finish. Changes in the light as much as I've changed bass lately:

image.thumb.png.a47c7c9ddcb83b3c73e020a7fda4de61.png

image.thumb.png.f795d779f393e5a622cb11725e60b21b.png

image.thumb.png.e1bb7f861a03a33aa56bd51af4c187b2.png

4D3B02BC-2BCB-4DFF-9F98-EDD7BF1861FB.thumb.jpeg.a41854b6c06cb99b5331989297f8f056.jpeg

Edited by Ander87
  • Like 9

yep, it's an amazing weight, and super responsive, great fun to play...! They have been super heavy but these Specials are something else - the neck profile is speedier and somehow somewhat slimmer.

Thanks, I'll keep digging!

• Like 1

Just now, horrorshowbass said:

Oh man, if it was your other one......

Haha! My Charcoal Sparkle is my fave Special 4H same as the Cruz Teal is my fave 5er. I’m trying to achieve the ultimate Stingray duo and pretend I’m an sponsored artist you see 😂 

10 minutes ago, Ander87 said:

Don't hold it against me eh Jason? It doesn't count if it's to move to another Stingray Special :D 

I’m doing the sums but wrong time for me bass numbers and money wise. Beautiful though and I’m sure it won’t hang about. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happypants said:

’m doing the sums but wrong time for me bass numbers and money wise. Beautiful though and I’m sure it won’t hang about. 

Well I’m in no rush to sell and can hear offers. I just gotta find the right SR5 to turn up…!

Youtuve reviews say it too, the necks of the stingrays are speedier and bloody nice. Only adding strings for me but same concept…!

• Ander87 changed the title to On Hold - Musicman Stingray Special Dropped Copper 4H