Why become a member? ×

Unfortunately on sale - Fender JMJ Mustang - *SOLD*
£850
Northampton

Ander87

Hi all,

This little bass is last one in and first one out regrettably. Whilst I love it, my current band is suddenly disbanding (totally unexpected) and I've no use for this baby outside it. 

The bass is in perfect condition, and has been cleaned with the Music Nomad suite (nut lubrication, fretboard moisturiser, detailer and polish) by yours trully who uses to charge for bass adjustments locally. Lovely nitro finish sheen and dark even rosewood board.

The action is mid-low (can get lower without buzz but even to myself it felt too low) and the neck is ultra straight. All working perfectly.

Bought for the asking price, but I'm throwing in a brand new short scale Fender fitted gigbag (upgrade over the long scale stock one it comes with) and LaBella 760F-MUS (right string with silk on both ends designed for neck through Mustangs, instead of the crappy long scale Fenders in stock). A considerable upgrade.

As you can see her I love the bass - huge lot of dynamics and sensitive to touch and hand placement. The adjustment gigbag and strings would kick you almost £100 so no silly offers please.

Weight is a healthy 3.5kg / 7lbs11oz

Any more pictures requests just ask.

Will you look at this near black looking fretboard...!

image.thumb.png.dea107f0e87b994ffddb2c82fc6719a9.png

In a darker light the Daphne blue can change quite a bit - both colours are pretty accurate:

image.thumb.png.64d0c8a70b06e7cdb0f020a8a8aaca68.png

Internet picture but the gigbag is exactly this one, much better than the long scale stock:

image.thumb.png.5a7a5d082d60ece64033f29aba4fa177.png

Edited by Ander87
  • Like 11
  • Sad 1

• Ander87 changed the title to Unfortunately on sale - Fender JMJ Mustang

Haha! I know eh? I did - but the band disbanding means a change in gear - also a super nice dream bass came here, my 35th bday is coming, I’m expecting a bonus and got a new job for April…

…and my wife said ‘just get the bass you want and get it out of your system!’ - you really need to take on those times your wife tells you to do something. It’s what good husbands do. 

Planets aligned and had to take that chance…!

Also, I am loyal to my 3 hanger system. One comes in so one must come out…!

I’ve just been playing it and heck, it’s a load of fun eh…

Ander. 

Edited by Ander87

The necks on these bad boys are amazing, wider than a J, not quite a P, rolled edges and beautifully finished. The rest of the bass isn’t shabby either, the Seymour Duncan pickup is in another league to the normal Mustang pickups currently available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ander87 said:

…and my wife said ‘just get the bass you want and get it out of your system!’ - you really need to take on those times your wife tells you to do something. It’s what good husbands do. 

Can your wife please talk to my wife and give her the same good advice? 😉 

• Haha 1

• Ander87 changed the title to SOLD PENDING Unfortunately on sale - Fender JMJ Mustang