Why become a member? ×

Status 5 ex Dr Dave and Beedster.....Sold......

garbev

[quote name='garbev' post='48080' date='Aug 20 2007, 11:45 PM']Hi all,

I'm selling a 5 string Status Energy Artist which I bought off Chris (Beedster) a while back,
Chris got it from Dr Dave who did a fine job of replacing the original wooden neck with a
graphite one, wood filler or not! :)

The body is oil finished and has a figured maple top. There was a thread on this bass on
BW I'm sure people will remember it.

The bass plays and sounds great. I'm asking what i paid for it £300 or £330 with a
Hiscox Liteflite Case.

I'm based in S. Wales but could meet up on M4/M5, rather not post it.
I'll get some pix up soon.

Thanks,

Gary.[/quote]

It's a lovely bass and Gary's a great guy so you can't go wrong with this. I bought if from the good Doctor Dave for £300 and as he had sold it at such a great price to me I sold it for the same to Gary when I realised I was going back to four strings(nice that you're doing the same price-wise mate). Trust me folks, it's a bargain price.
Chris
Chris

[quote name='thumb4bob' post='48084' date='Aug 20 2007, 11:55 PM']any pics????[/quote]

I'm sure Gary won't mind my posting this pic (strings were not tight at the time)

Chris

Edited by Beedster

Looks very nice!

I sort of remember this when it was first sold and seem to recall being quite tempted.

Is the new neck a status replacement?
What are the controls? (vol, pan and eq?)

Are you sure you won't post it?

Cheers
John

That is gorgeous. Trade for a Nice Japanese Tokai precision bass with EMG active pup? Gold Pickup covers and Gold anodised scratchplate?

I am in Bristol not far from you.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2521&st=0"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2521&st=0[/url]

Cheers. Rob.

Edited by Shockwave

WHAT, THIS IS STILL HERE???????
Seriously folks, buy it. You will never play a better £300 bass. I reckon it's woth well over twice that figure and, as Gary (perhaps wisely) won't post, it's also well worth the drive from wherever you are
Chris

[quote name='garbev' post='48158' date='Aug 21 2007, 09:04 AM']Morning all,

Just to add that I would post the Status. I'm just not
happy with couriers, having had some crappy sevice
in the past.

Ta,

Gary.[/quote]

I know what you mean, I think I've been lucky so far but if you're happy to take the risk then hopefully it can find it's way back up north :-)

Cheers
John

Hello All,

I've had a lot of interest in this bass, it is a total bargain and also a
really nice instrument. Here are the answers to questions some
good folk have been asking:

The neck is genuine Status 5 string ,
The controls are vol-pan- eq (sounds fab, slap city and much more)
I will post at buyers expense if need be(although I would highly recommend a case for posting)

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the input Chris.

Regards,

Gary.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='48316' date='Aug 21 2007, 02:00 PM']PM'd

MB1. :)

Would be nice to see one mancunian pick up a status this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
Looks like We Wuz Robbed by a fleet-footed ZPQ. I must spend more time on the site and less time working :huh:

I've been tempted by this bass before - the odds of it coming up for sale again on the day I decide I need another bass (I had just been scanning ebay for any status/MM bargains minutes before Gary put the ad on here).

To say I'm looking forward to it arriving would be an understatement :-)

[quote name='ZPQ' post='48440' date='Aug 21 2007, 05:28 PM']I've been tempted by this bass before - the odds of it coming up for sale again on the day I decide I need another bass (I had just been scanning ebay for any status/MM bargains minutes before Gary put the ad on here).

To say I'm looking forward to it arriving would be an understatement :-)[/quote]
Good Luck with it. If it plays as well as it looks it's a bargain.