Why become a member? ×

There's a Brian May signature bass?

leschirons

17 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

You’ve not played a short scale Alembic then?

As it happens, no I haven't. But that's irrelevant, we are not talking about an Alembic, but the Brian May Bass. I'm not saying that the mounting position of the upper strap stud is unimportant, just that it it cannot be taken in isolation. You need to know where the centre of gravity is, which is affected by many things. For example this bass has high mass bride and Ultralite tuners. Obviously the depth, width, and wood of the neck also have a big effect. I'm not saying that this wouldn't have neck dive, it might or it might not, but you casn't say that it will based on some arbitary rule about the 12th fret.

Personally I would have prefered a longer upper bout, but A: that is more to do with the way the strap lies across the shoulder than the balance and B: It would no longer be a Brian May bass.

Edited by Count Bassy

Always found it odd, with the BM "Signature" bass, that it came with Gibson EB style pickups rather than the 3 Burns style bass pickups, as used on the BM Signature guitar.

It's not like Burns hadn't been making them, they were used on the Bison & Marquee basses.