Why become a member? ×

Fender Dimension 4 string USA 2 pup *SOLD*
£750
Blyth

warwickhunt

I recently bought/traded this bass on BC (hence the stolen pics :) ) but an even more recent purchase of a Sandberg means I'm unlikely to use this, hence the sale.

Make:  Fender

Model:  Dimension

Year:  2014

Country manufacture:  USA

Body:  Alder

Finish:  Rootbeer metallic

Neck:  Maple with asymmetric profile and Posiflex Graphite rods. Truss rod wheel adjustment. Hand rubbed oil finish.

Fingerboard:  Maple with bone nut. Nut width 1.625” (41.3mm) Compound radius (9.5” to 14”).  

Frets:  21 in good condition

Pick ups:  Fender humbuckers

Preamp:  18v preamp with 3EQ (cut & boost on treble/mid/bass)and five way switch (both inner coils and both outer coils on in-between positions).

Controls:  Vol Bass Mid Treble + 5 way switch

Hardware:  Fender high mass bridge. Fender F stamped tuners with tapered string shafts and strong arm retainer on the A string.  

Weight:  9lb 6oz

Case:  Fender Gig bag

Modifications:  None

Positives:  Extremely well set up. Colour/finish is really nice.  Read up on asymmetric necks as they aren’t shockingly different but you do wonder why it is as easy to play.  The powerful humbuckers giving a wide array of tones and you can go from almost Musicman Stingray to Jazz bass at the flick of a switch.  One just sold on ebay for £840 and it isn't as nice (IMHO) as my bass.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284518776940

Negatives:  The bass has a number of small marks on it though nothing that could be seen from anything other than close up. There is also a couple of small indentations at the volute at the back of the neck where it meets the headstock, you need to tilt it in lights to see this.  No structural, electronics or playability issues.

Price:  £750

Trades:  PLEASE do not message me with bits of kit that I can clearly find on eBay / FB / Internet forums for £200 and tell me it is worth £500, I'm not daft and I know how to search for relative values.  Likewise '1 off' custom instruments that you may well have paid £3000 for but sadly the average bassist values at £500, I can't give you £2000.  Sorry it is better if I'm just up front about it rather than waste anyone's time.  

Vintage Warwick basses will always float my boat, likewise unusual esoteric brands.  I'm partial to a lightweight bass so anything that you 'estimate' to be over 9lb (and will likely be 10lb+) isn't of interest. 

https://www.premierguitar.com/fender-dimension-bass-review

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

Edited by warwickhunt
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • warwickhunt changed the title to Fender Dimension 4 string USA 2 pup *SOLD*