Why become a member? ×

Pick playing dynamics

SteveXFR

I like to swap my picking positions quite a lot when playing, quite often picking at the bridge for verses and near the neck for choruses. It all goes well until I start to get a little sweat on my wrist and it sticks to the bass body andmy movements start to get a bit jerky and awkward. There must be a simple solution to this. Any suggestions?

2 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

Of course! How did i not think of that?

Caught up in the problem rather than the fix. When I used to fix office equipment for a living, I’d often end up down a rabbit hole and need a fresh of eyes to look at it and say, “It’s that.”

The BC hive mind is probably the best thing about BC, I’m glad to have been of service on this occasion.

As mentioned above, an appropriately tied bandana is another option.

• Like 2

Picked up a trick elsewhere (pardon the pun) - drill a decent size hole through a pick of choice (about 8mm-ish) - gives a really good grip without squeezing too hard (which brings fatigue on) - made quite a difference for me. If it works drill a few more😀

15 minutes ago, Soledad said:

This clearly matters to you @SteveXFR - calculated to 5 decimal places. Do you play a Precision?

No. Stingray's and a Thunderbird. 

I only play basses from the Gerry Anderson range.

I did calculate it to 8 decimal places but thought that was a bit too much so rounded it to a more sensible 5 dp.