Why become a member? ×

Gumtree faker, what do we all think?

WalMan

I have been advertising my TE 122H combo in a few places including Gumtree ads - still not really showing signs of moving but that's beside the point.

I had an email this morning which I rather suspect is 8ullsh1t but I could be maligning the responder.

It is short and does not seem to follow the lines of others I have had that are clearly utter toss, viz "what is you absolute lowest price & will you send it to [i]insert country[/i]" but then again it is from a hotmail account. Now a hotmail account could mean nothing, hell I have used one in the past as a hold all when registering for forums and not wanting to be spammed.

The killer punch to me is "will you accept mastercard on delivery and confirmation that the amp is in good condition?"

I had drafted a response along the lines of "yes it is and no I won't as I have no means of accepting a card" - though I suppose I could through PayPal if he paid the costs - but stopped at sending it until this evening after more thought.

So what do we think? Utter cr@p or possibly OK?

[quote name='WalMan' post='47560' date='Aug 20 2007, 08:38 AM']So what do we think? Utter cr@p or possibly OK?[/quote]
Does sound dodgy. Stick to your guns: cleared cheque, PayPal or cash on collection - no exceptions. I always think offering up your bank details for tranfers are dodgy too, so decline any offers.

Ask for a landline phone number to discuss, that usually scares them off!