Why become a member? ×

“Items Wanted” and double bass

AndyBass

I recently put a wanted ad in the double bass classifieds for a double bass-specific bit of kit, bearing in mind 1.us uprighters probably represent <5% of Basschat 2.because it’s a bit of a community, there’s a reasonable chance someone with said bit of kit sat unused in a draw might move it on to help out, without having been actively looking to sell.

Unsurprisingly my post was immediately turfed into the weeds of Items Wanted, never to be viewed again, at least not by anyone with the faintest idea about the item I’m looking for.

I know rules are rules and if I don’t like it I can just stop using it, and someone has put the effort into moving that post to keep the forum in good order which I nonetheless appreciate. But wouldn’t it be great if, when we’re looking for a bit of kit, we could just ask the community to whom it’s relevant?

It would, Andy, and the DB section is not the most 'Wild West' of the Forum. The 'Wanted' section has, however, different rules to the rest, to prevent unscrupulous folk from replying to wanted stuff with an unpaid ad. That's why open replies to wanted ads are excluded; they're to be by PM only. Sorry, although if the Upper Echelons feel this could change, or have exceptions, that's fine, too. Maybe ask, in the appropriate section, for members to have a look in Wanted, without mentioning your specific search..? Just a thought. :friends:

That was my original plan, but I genuinely didn’t see the wanted section and saw a wanted post regarding strings further down in the for sale section with some replies, so assumed rules had changed. And when it turned out they hadn’t, I just thought “wouldn’t it be nice if they did”

No big deal anyway. I’d delete this post for simplicity’s sake if it were an option.

12 hours ago, AndyBass said:

But wouldn’t it be great if, when we’re looking for a bit of kit, we could just ask the community to whom it’s relevant?

Technically speaking, of course, this post constitutes a Wanted ad and should be moved elsewhere ...

9_9

1 hour ago, AndyBass said:

Haha, dammit! Foiled again

Well if it, it's gotta be the worst wanted ad ever!

What I do know so far is that it's a "double bass-specific bit of kit"

I mean, when you say "specific" could you be a bit more specific

:D